Ponta Delgada Hotel Tips by Avieira67 Top 5 Page for this destination
Ponta Delgada Hotels: 1,045 reviews and 16 photos
Pousade de Juventude
Unique Qualities: This building was a convent, and is located in a quite place. At your right side is located António Borges Garden, and Parque Atlântico commercial centre is about 500 m away.
Only 5 minutes of walking distance takes you to downtown.
They offer a very good service!
Address: Rua São Francisco Xavier
Directions: Take the street São Miguel, a corner to Presidential Government Palace of Conceição. The hostel is located behind a parking car.
I know very well this hotel because a friend of mine is used to stay here, and I am used to have a lunch at the restaurant.
This building is located in the historical centre of the city. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, television satellite reception, video, radio, mini bar and telephone. They offer a great brekfast.
About the restaurant, I must say they offer a delightful variety of regional tastes (fish and seafood) side-by-side with international fare with a very good quality.
Unique Qualities: A very good location.
A high quality restaurant.
One foot from here you will find Café Sports One and Tabacaria Açoriana.
Address: Rua Marquês da Praia e Monforte, 40
Directions: Near the Palace of Conceição.
Phone: 351 296308500
Unique Qualities: This hotel is conveniently located, not far from the historic centre of Ponta Delgada, and only a few metres from the swimming pool and marina. Also, there is a easy access to the main motorways to the airport or for tours of the island.
The building affords superb views over the town, the island and the sea. Its interior design, makes full use of natural materials, namely wood and marble.
If you opt for one of the upper floors, you have opportunity to enjoy unforgettable sunrises and sunsets.
In spite of having a comfortable restaurant, the service is reasonable.
The Leisure Centre is equipped with a pool, sauna, whirlpool and a small gym with top-grade equipment to help you stay in shape or find your shape.
Address: Avenida Dom João III, 29
Among the best hotels in town, Marina Hotel, offers you a good view over the ocean. If you are lucky enough Santa Maria Island also can be seen.
Unique Qualities: Great views over the sea, location and good service.
Address: Aveida Infante D. Henrique
Directions: In front of the Marina.
Phone: 351 296306000
This hotel, located in downton, offers a great service and you have the opportunity to stay in a historical building.
Address: Rua Carvalho Araujo 39, Ponta Delgada, Portugal, 9
Phone: 351 296 306 600
If you are looking for a private accomadation, I advise you the following addresses which are well located in town. The first one is very well located, just close to the avenue along the sea.
Maria Goretti Tavares
Rua Teófilo de Braga
Eduarda do Espírito Santo Rodrigues Nunes
Rua Eng. José Canto Resende, 10
Unique Qualities: They offer a reasonable service for a cheap price.
Location is good.
Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$20
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Unique Qualities: A Guesthouse inside a very interesting botanic garden with a swimming pool, not far from downtown.
Address: Rua José do Canto, 9
Other Contact: Fax: **.351.296650319
More Reviews (37)
- See All Shuttle Bus from the airport to the...
- See All Typical lunch
- See All Monumento ao Emigrante
Avieira67's Related Pages
Ponta Delgada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ponta Delgada"
- "Ponta Delgada"
- "The lovely capital of the Azores."
- "Ponta Delgada"
- "Ponta Delgada, the Azores"
- "Streets and Houses"
- "ponta delgada capital of sao miguel dos acores"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ponta Delgada
- Hotels in Ponta Delgada
- Transportation in Ponta Delgada
- Nightlife in Ponta Delgada
- Restaurants in Ponta Delgada
- Shopping in Ponta Delgada
- See All...
Explore the World
- Clarks Shiraz Hotel
- The Ridge Tahoe
- Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center
- Alam Indah
- Waikiki Oceanfront Inn
- IFA Buenaventura Hotel
- Hotel des Quatre Dauphins
- Embassy Hotel Apartments
- Vista de Rey
- Harmony Boutique Hotel Mykonos
- Oaks Lodge
- Comfort Inn Harpers Ferry
- Vita Nova
Badges & Stats in Ponta Delgada
- 44 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Ponta Delgada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ponta Delgada
- Posted in Travel Mandalay Forum "Re: Myanmar"
- Wrote a Review Shuttle Bus from the airport to the centre in Ponta Delgada Transportation
- Commented on one of Avieira67's Ponta Delgada travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Try the best steak of the Island!"
- updated a Ponta Delgada Travel Page "Ponta Delgada"
Read real reviews about Ponta Delgada Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 63 reviews, 263 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 43 reviews, 112 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 37 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponta Delgada Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos
- Bagan Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos
- Ribeira Grande Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Diu Intro, 14 reviews, 40 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 12 reviews, 41 photos
- Ljubljana Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos
Latest Ponta Delgada hotel reviews
- Hotel do Colegio
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Hotel Talisman
- 152 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Vila Nova Hotel
- 125 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Casa Victoriana
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 19, 2013
- VIP Executive Azores Hotel
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 15, 2013
- Hotel NSL
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Royal Garden
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Lince Azores Great Hotel
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Hotel Marina Atlantico
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Hotel Acores Atlantico
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2013