"A ILHA DO SOL" Ilha de Santa Maria by Avieira67
Ilha de Santa Maria Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 181 photos
Santa Maria, with 17 x 9 km and about 6000 inhabitants, is the southern most island of the Azores. It was the first island in this archipelago to be discovered by Diogo Silves during his journey to Madeira in 1427. Gonçalo Velho brought families and cattle to the island.
The August Tide Festival takes place in an open-air space near the Formosa Beach, one of the main bathing zones of the... more travel advice
The best way to travel around the island is by car. Depending on the travel car agency, diary fare including all taxes... more travel advice
Avieira67's Related Pages
Ilha de Santa Maria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santa Maria"
- "A ILHA DO SOL"
- "Santa Maria -- Pastural Piece of Heaven"
- "SANTA MARIA island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ilha de Santa Maria
- Hotels in Ilha de Santa Maria
- Transportation in Ilha de Santa Maria
- Restaurants in Ilha de Santa Maria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ilha de Santa Maria
- 5 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Ilha de Santa Maria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ilha de Santa Maria
Top 10 Pages
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 258 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 56 reviews, 199 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 47 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponta Delgada Intro, 58 reviews, 127 photos
- Mongolia Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 34 reviews, 70 photos
- Rome Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos
- Bagan Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 22 reviews, 66 photos
- Tirana Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos