"AQUILEIA" Aquiléia by Avieira67
Aquiléia Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 216 photos
Built as a military settlement by the Romans in 181BC, Aquileia became an important commercial centre because of its road network and large river docks. It has been known for the production of glass, amber and gem stones since the times of the Roman Empire.
The symbol of Aquileia has to be the Abbey, the first Christian monument to be erected in Aquileia built by the Bishop Teodoro in 313 AC. Museums to visit include the National Archaeological Museum, the Paleochristian Museum and the Civic Patriarchate Museum.
The service and the location are good. A private bathroom, located outside the room, is disponible for each room. The... more travel advice
Avieira67's Related Pages
Aquiléia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than your average ruin"
- "History remains"
- "Antiquity in Northeast Italy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aquiléia
- Hotels in Aquiléia
- Transportation in Aquiléia
- Restaurants in Aquiléia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aquiléia
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Aquiléia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aquiléia
Top 10 Pages
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 258 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 43 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponta Delgada Intro, 56 reviews, 122 photos
- Mongolia Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 37 reviews, 109 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- Bagan Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Ribeira Grande Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos
- Larnaca Intro, 14 reviews, 58 photos