"GORICA - NOVA GORICA" Gorizia by Avieira67
Gorizia Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 113 photos
Gorizia, known since 1001, is situated where the Valley of Isonzo meets the Tipaccio Valley, surrounded by the peaks of Montesanto, Sabotino, San Gabriele, Calvario, Colle d?Oslavia, San Marco and Carso. It was damaged during the 1st and the 2nd World War. With the Peace Treaty of 1947, this city was divided into two parts from the border between Italy, the centre, and Yugoslavia, the suburbs. This situation lasted until Slovenia become a membre of the European Union, in May 2004.
Today, instead of the wall, one can find a square linking both cities.
Avieira67's Related Pages
Gorizia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gorizia, Gorica, Görz: three souls for one town"
- "GORIZIA OR GORICA?!?"
- "A Divided City No Longer"
- "GORICA - NOVA GORICA"
- "Boarder crossing"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gorizia
- Transportation in Gorizia
- Restaurants in Gorizia
- Warnings and Dangers in Gorizia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gorizia
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Gorizia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gorizia
Top 10 Pages
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 258 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 56 reviews, 199 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 47 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponta Delgada Intro, 59 reviews, 127 photos
- Mongolia Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos
- Banff Intro, 26 reviews, 87 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 34 reviews, 70 photos
- Rome Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos
- Toronto Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos
- Bagan Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos