"GORICA - NOVA GORICA" Gorizia by Avieira67
Gorizia Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 109 photos
Gorica, first mentioned 1001, is situated where the Valley of Isonzo meets the Tipaccio Valley, surrounded by the peaks of Montesanto, Sabotino, San Gabriele, Calvario, Colle d’Oslavia, san Marco and Carso. This city was damaged during the First and the Second World War. But, while after 1918 the reconstruction did not change the aspect of the centre, with the Peace Treaty of 1947, this town was DIVIDED into two parts from the border between Italy (the centre) and Yugoslavia (the suburbs). This situation lasted until Slovenia become a member of the European Union (May 2004). Today, instead of the wall, one can find a square TRYING to link both towns.
The wall between the two towns was changed by a square linking the city.
Avieira67's Related Pages
Gorizia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gorizia, Gorica, Görz: three souls for one town"
- "GORIZIA OR GORICA?!?"
- "A Divided City No Longer"
- "GORICA - NOVA GORICA"
- "Boarder crossing"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gorizia
- Transportation in Gorizia
- Restaurants in Gorizia
- Warnings and Dangers in Gorizia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gorizia
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Gorizia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gorizia
Photos in GoriziaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 63 reviews, 263 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 43 reviews, 112 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 37 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponta Delgada Intro, 44 reviews, 78 photos
- Bagan Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos
- Ribeira Grande Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Diu Intro, 14 reviews, 40 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 12 reviews, 41 photos
- Ljubljana Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos