"The wave" Arizona by tigerlily2
Arizona Travel Guide: 10,770 reviews and 29,421 photos
The Wave was the best hike of my life!!!! I had been dreaming for a long time about getting here, watching photos on the net and browsing the different sites dedicated to this fascinating place. My husband and I finally had the opportunity to spend some time in Arizona in 2005. There had been a lot of T-storms during our stay, and the man at the ranger station thought that the way here might be impassable.........Well, we had already got stuck in a wash the day before with our SUV, so what could be worse than that?
Actually this is not a strenuous hike, the most challenging thing being to find the spot.........and it's a well-hidden treasure! A map was given to us at the ranger station with photos to help us find our way..............Let me tell you : nothing looks more like a red rock than another red rock................But we finally made it! It's a 3 hours hike (round trip), no shade (and the weather was hot!), just you and the desert............
tigerlily2's Related Pages
Arizona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful, Historic Arizona"
- "WALK IN BEAUTY"
- "Jumping Around Our Very Own State - ARIZONA!"
- "Raising Arizona to New Heights"
- "Way back when ..."
- "ARIZONA- GRAND CANYON STATE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arizona
- Hotels in Arizona
- Transportation in Arizona
- Nightlife in Arizona
- Restaurants in Arizona
- Shopping in Arizona
- Warnings and Dangers in Arizona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arizona
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Arizona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arizona
Top 10 Pages
- Arizona Intro, 3 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 3 photos
- Paris 1 review, 1 photo
- London 1 review, 1 photo
- San Francisco 1 review, 1 photo
- Deadwood Intro, 2 photos
- Redwood National Park Intro, 2 photos
- Deauville-les-Bains 1 review, 1 photo
- Lava Beds National Monument Intro, 2 photos
- Scottsbluff Intro, 2 photos
No friends yet.