"POSTCARDS FROM RENO/SQUAW VALLEY/LAKE TAHOE" Squaw Valley by vacaSEAN

Squaw Valley Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 20 photos

POSTCARDS FROM RENO/SQUAW VALLEY/LAKE TAHOE

When I was a kid, I would join my mother as she watched primetime soaps like, Dynasty, Falcon Crest, and Knots Landing (okay, you got me…I’m now beet red with that revelation). I often wondered if real families truly experienced such drama. On the day the world was informed that George W. Bush won his second term as President of the United States, 3 days before my sister’s church wedding in Reno, she decided to call it off! How’s that for drama?!? The couple, who have only known each other for 6 months, finally realized that they indeed needed more time to get to know each other before they became man & wife in the eyes of God. That day was not only a very sad day for the intelligent enlightened other half of an America divided, but moreover for me and my family. Since we had “Use it or Lose it” airline tickets, Bill convinced me to still make a weekend getaway out of it and persuaded my confused parents to still come along with us, instead of them reacting by deciding to immediately fly back home to the Philippines, and so we all could get to the bottom of this fiasco…

• Last visit to Squaw Valley: Nov 2004
  • Intro Written Dec 2, 2004

Comments

vacaSEAN

“I was born to travel, and I travel to be reborn."... "I travel, therefore I am.”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Squaw Valley

Have you been to Squaw Valley?

Latest Activity in Squaw Valley