"under re construction please come back" Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park by scottishvisitor

Banff National Park Travel Guide: 808 reviews and 1,570 photos

To picnic
To dream
To marvel

Banff Town Site Fun Place to Be

The wilderness is out there sheltering this pretty little town. If you are lucky - you might meet the locals - aren't they cute - but more likely you will meet fellow tourists.
Banff has everything a tourist needs including great restaurants & fun shops & expensive shops - stop a while but don't spend all your time in town........go see the wildlife

Short Summer in the Rockies

Back in the wilderness - I was enthralled by all the natural beauty of Banff National Park from the scenic drives - the enchanting hikes to great lakes & mountains carved beautifully by ancient glaciers.
No wonder it is Canada's second tourist destination - but for me No.1
Go wild in the wilderness.

• Last visit to Banff National Park: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 10, 2007

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2008 at 3:21 AM

10,000 visitors a day! Don't they get in each other's way, step on each other's feet? Or is there room enough for all of them. Your photos look marvelous, in any case.

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2007 at 10:27 AM

wonderful park, awfully I hate driving and I guess that is the best way to tour around, will have to wait till I find a driver to do such a tour.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2007 at 12:25 PM

In 88 a friend took me from Calgary to Lake Louise for a half day trip. I wish I could have seen more of this beautiful part of the world.

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2007 at 7:30 AM

We enjoy the mountains and nature too, especially around Banff. Hope you got to see the elk grazing on the golf course early in the morning.

• Alex-Perth's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2007 at 7:44 PM

You know... Photos like these are nothing compared to being there but still give you a sense of calm when looking at them. You have captured the beauty.

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2007 at 2:22 PM

Banff National Park is my favorite kind of place. The lakes look fantastic and I just hope to make it there one day. Thanks for this wonderful tour, Joan.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2006 at 2:26 AM

To see Banff is my dream now. Amazing lakes, mountains, wildlife etc. I would choose a ski lift, too :-)

• SanguiniA's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2006 at 10:02 AM

Totally charming landscapes! And didn't you bring back a piece of the golden mountain? You would have been rich ;-) Thanks for stopping by my Galapagos pages, indeed it is a unique place! Cheers!

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2006 at 10:08 PM

Must've been lovely listing to the lapping waters of Lake Louise :~)

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2006 at 2:01 PM

Glorious scenery! I've always wanted to visit here, but never made it yet.

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Banff National Park

Have you been to Banff National Park?