"HATS OFF TO CALGARY" Top 5 Page for this destination Calgary by scottishvisitor

Calgary Travel Guide: 1,063 reviews and 1,921 photos

Calgary a fun place to visit

Flew into Calgary just in time to see the Stampede Parade.
Great city with a very western feel - the locals were great with a friendly greeting "Hi Guys - How you doing?"
Friendly, relaxed, busling & laid back. Modern shopping malls compete with traffic free areas with bars & cowboy & indian stores.
Grab your cowboy hat hitch on your boots & come on in!

• Pros:Great place to stop & rest after a long flight
  • In a nutshell:Fun vibrant & very walkable
  • Last visit to Calgary: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2007

• Apr 20, 2009 at 3:16 AM

How did u take the picture to the city from Calgary Tower? Excellent photo and nice page too

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2008 at 2:38 AM

Sounds like you had a lot of fun and that Stampede week is a good time to visit Calgary!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2007 at 2:47 PM

Great page about Calgary! I remember it as being freeeeezing.

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2007 at 5:20 AM

Hi Joan. You have great tips of Calgary. Very informative and detailed. I have not been to Calgary but for sure I can make use of your information to enjoy the place. Thanks for sharing.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2007 at 9:05 PM

This Calgary tower with a glass bottom is impressive! I had once that feeling in Croatia, while swimming in shallow water and suddenly, there was the rim of an underwater cliff and deep water! Nice to meet a Prime Minister and Women's Liberation heroes!

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2007 at 3:48 PM

Nemorino should have gotten off of the train because Calgary has alot to offer. You were very lucky to see the Calgary Stampede. A great page.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2007 at 1:58 PM

Yes, it does look like a fun place to visit. (Especially if you like cowboy hats, LOL.) Seems to me I went through Calgary on the train once, but I didn't get off.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2007 at 12:08 PM

Thanks for a lovely page on a city I visited in 88! It must have changed a lot since then.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2007 at 10:01 AM

Loved the addition of photographs and larger print [great for we old folks..me].Joan, I have a "grin" a mile wide from reading your narratives. You have the coolest titles for your tips. J It's always a pleasure to read your star-worthy tips.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2006 at 7:54 AM

Very good page and tips. Calgary seems to me as a very friendly city since I watched on TV Winter Olympic Games which took place there.

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Calgary

Have you been to Calgary?

Latest Activity in Calgary