"Canmore - the place to look up" Top 5 Page for this destination Canmore by scottishvisitor
Canmore Travel Guide: 112 reviews and 192 photos
Canmore was established as a town in 1883 as a divisional point for the Railway due to its abundant supplies of coal to fuel the trains - A coal mining town up until 1979.
It is now firmly established as a tourist spot nestled in the Bow Valley at the foot of the Rockies.
Canmore is perfectly located an hours drive from Calgary & 15 minutes from Banff
- Pros:Much cheaper than Banff National Park
- Cons:Too far away from Scotland
- In a nutshell:Great Base for Exploring Banff National Park
Looking back at the fastly disappearing Rockies becoming foothills. The memories of this wonderous place float into my... more travel advice
This memorial was erected as a pledge of everlasting friendship between Canada & The United States for their help in... more travel advice
- See All Take the road least travelled
- See All Breakfast with reminders of your trip
- See All Golfer's Paradise
scottishvisitor's Related Pages
Canmore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canmore - the place to look up"
- "WHAT BANFF SHOULD BE"
- "Canmore - anyone for a winter wedding?"
- "The Start Of Our Rocky Mountains Adventure"
- "Canmore: Nice Town"
- "Welcome to the Canadian Rockies"
- "Canmore - Outdoor adventures"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canmore
- Hotels in Canmore
- Transportation in Canmore
- Nightlife in Canmore
- Restaurants in Canmore
- Shopping in Canmore
- Warnings and Dangers in Canmore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canmore
- 25 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Canmore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canmore
Photos in CanmoreSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 71 reviews, 212 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 39 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh Intro, 62 reviews, 133 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 48 reviews, 136 photos
- Kilmartin Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 33 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ullapool Intro, 28 reviews, 137 photos
- London Intro, 54 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Elgin Intro, 27 reviews, 114 photos
- Ellmau Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos