"From the old country to the new." Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Nova Scotia by scottishvisitor

Province of Nova Scotia Travel Guide: 2,080 reviews and 5,130 photos

Nova Scotia

A fantastic Province lots to see. The weather was marvellous, senic drives - simply stunning. Friendly people .
Ah wait a minute.....They moved Scotland!
Inverness? New Glasgow? Iona?
Dundee? Even came across Aberdeen!
Seriously though..........had a great time.....forgot to buy a Nova Scotia Flag and my Mayflower candle has long been extinguished.
Ah well "Haste me Back"

Inverness

Let's go to Inverness .. No not up the A9 but on the Ceildh Trail!

Nice little place - when I say little I mean TINY.

Lovely beach - great boardwalk ... goes on for ages!

Great little gift shop called the "Bear Paw" free Gaelic lessons!

Sadly .. no pink castle.... Scotland has enough anyway!

John Cabot was a genius!

If I had all the time in the world I couldn't honestly begin to describe such awesome scenery.
My pictures do it no justice.. well I ask you "how can you take a picture without your eye wandering to the next shot!" Spot the mistake on the pic! Lovely weather for the time of year! Must have pressed the wrong button.........pay attention and stop looking at this wonderful place.

We only spent one day on the Cabot Trail and Cape Breton National Park...........have learnt by my mistake.........yet another reason to go back.
I have added the song Farewell to Nova Scotia in a YouTube link to the first tip in things to do

• Pros:Cape Breton simply stunning
  • Cons:You might not want to leave!
  • In a nutshell:CAPE BRETON SIMPLY HEAVEN

Great page

• Sep 13, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Great tips!

• May 31, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Please, I am moving to Cape Breton and I need to know the name of the natural plant based repellant, I hate to use chemicals on my body!!! thank you

• donpaul77's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Very nice Nova Scotia pages. I am hoping to head there in the spring, and your tips will help!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2008 at 5:33 AM

What a delightful page! Very interesting tips. I want to know if you were messing around w/ the guy in the plaid skirt at the Citadel? Loved the cabins..wonderful views..sweet seaside villages.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2007 at 1:36 PM

ha ha !! Sorry the black flies got ya. They aren't any nicer to the locals.. Glad you like Cape Breton...my birthplace.

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2007 at 2:02 PM

We loved Ingonish as well. We were amazed how warm the water felt especially in comparison with further south in Nova Scotia near Kejimkujik adjunct where the water felt really freezing cold. Couldnt stay in for long there.

• Tourtech's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2007 at 8:47 PM

Hey there! We did relocate to "New Scotland" but we ended up in Fall River! So glad you are representing our new home province and we are so glad we moved! We hope all goes well with your travels and all the best from Nova Scotia!

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2007 at 5:38 AM

I am so exited!! Leaving for our trip next week, and looking again at some VT pages. I wonder if I will like this place as much as the "real" Scotland....

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2007 at 8:58 PM

I can see that the name of Nova Scotia is not only a name but that the province is a lively duplicate of Scotland except for the St Andrew’s cross! The settlers must have missed a lot their former home! Even midges! Lunenburg is a real marvel!

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Province of Nova Scotia

Have you been to Province of Nova Scotia?