"Austria's Highest Water Fall" Top 5 Page for this destination Krimml by scottishvisitor

Krimml Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 227 photos

Day Trip to Krimml

We came to Krimml's Wonderful World of Water on a day trip from Ellmau. The falls are situated in the Hohe Tauren National Park which sadly I didn't see much of. If I return to this area and probably will, I would most definately hire a car and explore this beautifully scenic National Park a bit more fully. The weather was wonderful while we were here with lots of sunshine - the falls really do come alive with rainbows dancing their way through the sparkling waters.

Walking the Walk

Somewhere over the Rainbow

• Last visit to Krimml: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 28, 2007

• himalia11's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2011 at 9:09 AM

These waterfalls are on my must-see list also!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Magnificent waterfalls, Joan. Still smiling after reading your shopping tip! Beautiful waterfall, rainbows, and wild flowers. Stellar pages with excellent photographs.

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2009 at 1:30 PM

What a lovely place! Your photos are great!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2009 at 2:35 PM

The Krimml water fountain is strong! I wan an irritating marmot, hehehe....Thanks for sharing, Joan, Norman :)

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2009 at 7:18 AM

The tumbling waterfalls must have been beautiful to see, especially with the rainbows playing over the water--and the view of the valley was gorgeous!

• Nov 26, 2008 at 5:58 PM

Excellent picture of Krimml's Wonderful World of Water! and great information too!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Looking from the hillside down into the valley makes me want to hike to that little town and explore what we can barely see from here.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2008 at 1:45 PM

This waterfall looks really amazing, rainbow included! I will remember when we will visit Austria!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2007 at 12:32 PM

Wonderful photos Joan, especially the ones of the falls themselves - you've really captured the rushing, sparkling water for us all to share :)

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2007 at 12:24 PM

What a great place to catch a rainbow! Beautiful!!! The blue sky, the waterfall, if I close my eyes I can almost hear and see it, aaah, I wish I was there right now!

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Krimml