"AT THE FOOT OF THE GREAT WILDER KAISER" Ellmau by scottishvisitor

Ellmau Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 176 photos

The Little Village of Ellmau

After a long school term the summer break finally arrived. I don't always plan where to go so Ellmau was neither planned nor researched. I'm so glad I ended up here in this Tyrolian Gem. We came to relax but there was so much to see and discover - the two books I had brought with me remained unread, the weather was perfect - one thing I had done before coming here was check the weather forcast - it wasn't good news. Packed for all eventualities we arrived in Austria, one of the waiters in a restaurant here said "Welcome to Africa" yes it was hot but my new motto is always take the weather with you :) too bad I couldn't bring it back home with me.

• Last visit to Ellmau: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 2, 2007

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Such a wonderful place with beauty above it all in Tyrol region. The scenes of greenery and white mountain tops are fantastic.

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Stunning photos and great tips. You definitely encouraged me to visit the area.

• marvelous_girl's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2010 at 4:38 AM

that church painting z really beautiful

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2009 at 6:06 AM

Superb Ellmau page! The horse and carriage ride and the chapels certainly sound interesting to explore. The mountain including the Panorama Restuarant and the sunrise certainly look amazing! ~ho & pang

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2009 at 3:19 AM

nice page and I recognise particularly the church! we stayed here a few nights in 2000 after Oberammegau.all pre digital days tho.Thx for visiting my Brussels pg,shame its so scratchy but many of the best visits there were pre digital days too....!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2009 at 11:30 AM

That's a beautiful church in Ellmau --- I always love visiting churches in Europe, and sitting on a mountain meadow sounds sooooo relaxing....Norman :)

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2009 at 2:43 PM

You may wonder why I was able to give you credit for the good works on Ellmau page in a matter of around two minutes. I read each one of them and went back to each and rate them. It is easier because of the way you present the info. Always well written.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Joan, happy new year from Germany to lovely Scotland. Fabulous page about Ellmau, which I only know from a winter one day ski trip.

• timada's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2008 at 10:44 AM

Wonderful village for a short holidays !

• Jul 12, 2008 at 6:24 AM

Excellent tips and pictures!

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Ellmau