"Going to Going" Going by scottishvisitor

Going Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 67 photos

Going but I must return

Setting of for a walk from Ellmau on a beautiful sun filled day with gorgeous blue skies we discovered the tiny but charming little village of Going. It maybe gone now from my sight but will remain a special place in my heart and my memory.

• Pros:A Special little Village
  • Cons:You may not see their cows
  • In a nutshell:If I could swap villages I'd choose Going
  • Last visit to Going: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 14, 2007

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2010 at 4:17 AM

Nice page on this unusual named town!

• marvelous_girl's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2010 at 9:21 AM

nice travelogue and tips

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Inspite of the facts you have presented here that Going is a tiny village, I can imagine the interesting events and happenings Going on here. I like the Parish Church of the Holy Cross and the story of the cows nowhere to be found. Thanks for sharing.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Very lovely page Joan. The church and that tourist office are darling. Thanks for the wonderful tour!

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Nice page, Joan. Loved the tip about the chimney canopies. Also- that cow tip was soamusing! Good photos.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2009 at 8:05 AM

Looks lovely - I do hope your plans to return eventuate - I love to do that too. Is the next village down the road called Coming? leyle

• May 19, 2009 at 7:12 AM

Great photos and great information. i like the picture from: Where do they hide their cows, tip.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Die Pfarrkirche Zun Heiligen Kreuz --- hehehe, what a name for a church! and lol, the cows were hiding that day...Norman :)

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2008 at 10:43 PM

What a lovely little village! Sounds great to walk around and also to sit at Kirch Plaz. Merry Christmas Joan!

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2008 at 2:52 PM

This seems a lovely town.

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Going