"For me the most beautiful loch in Scotland" Loch Assynt by scottishvisitor
Loch Assynt Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 20 photos
During our Summer trip to Sutherland it was never our intention to revisit our past haunts. It had been raining hard for just one day of our holiday so we decided to head west to see if the sun was shining there. We were not disappointed - glorious summer sunshine was here at Loch Assynt. This place was busy, for the Highlands anyway, people were sitting on deck chairs, fishing in the loch or just like us - caught spell bound in this unsurpassed scenery. I'm so grateful we took the time to revist this most beautiful spot, I did say it was busy, but you could still feel a sense of isolation as if this whole experience belonged to you alone.
- Pros:Feels like the beginning and end of the world
- Cons:What is there not to like?
Public transport is thin on the ground around this rural part of Scotland. Inverness is the nearest airport but has few... more travel advice
scottishvisitor's Related Pages
Loch Assynt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "For me the most beautiful loch in Scotland"
- "The mountains of the Assynt region"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Loch Assynt
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Loch Assynt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Loch Assynt
Photos in Loch AssyntSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 71 reviews, 212 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 39 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh Intro, 62 reviews, 133 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 48 reviews, 136 photos
- Kilmartin Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 33 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ullapool Intro, 28 reviews, 137 photos
- London Intro, 54 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Elgin Intro, 27 reviews, 114 photos
- Ellmau Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos