"For me the most beautiful loch in Scotland" Loch Assynt by scottishvisitor

Loch Assynt Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 20 photos

A Summer Stunner

During our Summer trip to Sutherland it was never our intention to revisit our past haunts. It had been raining hard for just one day of our holiday so we decided to head west to see if the sun was shining there. We were not disappointed - glorious summer sunshine was here at Loch Assynt. This place was busy, for the Highlands anyway, people were sitting on deck chairs, fishing in the loch or just like us - caught spell bound in this unsurpassed scenery. I'm so grateful we took the time to revist this most beautiful spot, I did say it was busy, but you could still feel a sense of isolation as if this whole experience belonged to you alone.

• Pros:Feels like the beginning and end of the world
  • Cons:What is there not to like?
  • Last visit to Loch Assynt: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Jan 10, 2009

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2009 at 7:56 AM

What a lovely area to visit in both summer and winter. Fantastic photos.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Stunning photography!! Beautiful views of the Loch and surrounding mountains while enjoying such pretty wild flowers! Perfect.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Loch Assynt looks isolated and wild--its beauty probably preserved due to this feature--I can see why it calls one to look, absorb and tarry a while...

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Simply stunning scenery :~)

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2009 at 8:52 AM

I do agree; the view is absolutely perfect.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Breathtaking scenery in your wonderful pictures. Pity it's hard to get there. Doubt if my husband agrees to drive that far.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Wow, wonderful!! I love how dark green the grass (?) on that little island is, and I want summer now.... Haha, postbus transport, together with the mail sounds great. Driving (me), well, it would maybe kill me, haha :-)

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Wonderful page!!! I remember very well this scenery!!! It was a pity that when I was there it was cloudy :(

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2009 at 2:20 AM

"Picture-perfect" really describes this beautiful place.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Lovely,makes me want to be there now!!

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Loch Assynt

Have you been to Loch Assynt?

Photos in Loch Assynt