"Crinan" Crinan by scottishvisitor

Crinan Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 29 photos

Following the Canal to Crinan

While in Argyll we had no real intention to follow the Crinan Canal. We accidentally stumbled across this water way in a haphazard fashion. With such a wealth of history and scenic beauty it is no wonder this place is known as Britain's most scenic shortcut

• Last visit to Crinan: Apr 2009
  • Intro Updated May 19, 2009

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2009 at 11:02 AM

What a delightful stretch of water - and a delightful page describing it too :-) You had such beautiful weather for your visit and your photos really show the area off to advantage!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2009 at 12:16 PM

I really like these canals. This one reminds me of the one near my friends near Fleet.

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Hi Joan, Thanks for visiting my Chelmno pages. We are lucky in Banbury, to have the Oxford Canal passing through the town centre.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Joan, outstanding little page with colourful boat photos. That's exactly what I like about Scotland. Very well done.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Lovely colorful adventure. The canal is charming. Our family was always a sucker for a draw bridge. We have one in Mystic and in Gloucester. You've had a very neat holiday here.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2009 at 3:53 PM

River Lock's are something we do not see in Western Australia. Loved your photos of this Scotish town, red phone boxes still remain!

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Great little page on this lovely place Joan! You make me dream of a nice summer days stroll beside the canals :-) I love those old old tug boats!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2009 at 6:57 PM

What a gorgeous little find you made in Crinan! I too love old waterways like this and you were also lucky to find that old tuboat moored there! Too bad the Crinan Hotel is so stuck in their ways though.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Lovely page on lovely places. Beautiful opening picture. Do they offer any round boat trips on the canal?

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Good that Thomas Telford was available to step in and redesign the canal! And of course I like your observation about the bicycle reminding us there are gentler ways of travel to take life easier.

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Crinan