"Dornoch" Dornoch by scottishvisitor
Dornoch Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 110 photos
Dornoch is a small seaside town which sits on the Dornoch Firth in Sutherland. It is a pretty town built mainly of local red sandstone. When we visited the summer colours were vibrant, the beach delightful and the weather just perfect with blue skies and sunshine.
Dornoch has a large caravan park which proves popular in summer with families. The Beach adjacent to the park can be busy in summer - but the secret to seclution is a short walk onto the golf course and onto the second bay. Life really is a beach when you have all to yourself.
Dornoch Cathedral is a compelling reason to visit. I know there are many greater Cathedrals but this one is wholesome and homely.
- Pros:A small compact town brimming over with history
- Cons:I don't think it would be appealling in the rain
In the year 1843 there was a split in the Church of Scotland. Most of the members of the Parish Cathedral Church... more travel advice
To the unassuming visitor with an untrained ear - the sound of an ear piercing approaching fighter jet can cause quite a... more travel advice
scottishvisitor's Related Pages
Dornoch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dornoch- where the sun seems to shine all the time"
- "golf, beach and the town jail"
- "A walk at Dornoch beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dornoch
- Hotels in Dornoch
- Transportation in Dornoch
- Restaurants in Dornoch
- Shopping in Dornoch
- Warnings and Dangers in Dornoch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dornoch
- 14 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Dornoch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dornoch
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 71 reviews, 212 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 39 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh Intro, 62 reviews, 133 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 48 reviews, 136 photos
- Kilmartin Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 33 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ullapool Intro, 28 reviews, 137 photos
- London Intro, 54 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Elgin Intro, 27 reviews, 114 photos
- Ellmau Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos