"The King sits in Dunfermline Toon" Top 5 Page for this destination Dunfermline by scottishvisitor

Dunfermline Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 281 photos

They say your past may return to haunt you

Returning to a well kent place was for me a real treasure. Following my own footsteps - re living moments and remembering the past no ghost's to lay bare only happy memories.

The Ancient Capital of Scotland

The real plus here is Dunfermline is only fifteen minutes away from Scotlands Capital Edinburgh. You could find yourself so near yet so far away.

The lost village of my childhood

As well as visiting the Historic Town I came to see my home village not far but today far removed.

• Pros:History
  • Cons:None that I noticed like most places look for the best bits
  • In a nutshell:A Town from my past but still part of the future
  • Last visit to Dunfermline: Feb 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 27, 2007

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Next on my list, June. Thanks for the virtual tour.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Fascinating Dunfermline travel page with stunning photographs. Abbey Church, the Guild House and Dunfermline Palace certainly sound interesting to visit and explore. Thanks for the virtual tour. ~ho & pang

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2009 at 4:59 AM

I've enjoyed this very personal and nostalgic tour with you, Joan. We visited Edinburgh, but to think Dunfermline was just 'up the road' a little! Oh well, maybe 'next time'!

• NYTim's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2008 at 10:00 AM

I worked with many men from the Glencraig and Mary pits. I was in the Nellie pit and when it closed, like all the other small ones, we were transferred to the Longannet complex..Cowdenbeath where I grew up is a ghost town.

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2008 at 10:13 AM

You grew up surrounded by beauty - no wonder you love nature so much. Wonderful page about lovely places. And Gaelic coffee must be what I know as Irish coffee - delicious.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Great that you could re-visit your home village and the places you remember from your childhood! I've been to concerts in Carnegie Hall -- but only the one in New York, not Dunfermline.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Another excellent page Joan! Wish I had more time to travel...won't make to Scotland this year...

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2008 at 10:01 AM

Dunfermline looks like an interesting town with lots to see and do. It must have been a neat experience to return to your childhood village.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2008 at 1:05 AM

Nice page with superb photos ! I feel I visited Dumferline once, long ago and your beautiful photos remind me this visit.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2007 at 2:04 PM

Joan, fabulous page with brilliant photos. I have been to many places in Scotland but unfortunately never made it to lovely Dunfermline.

scottishvisitor Used To Live Here!

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Dunfermline

Have you been to Dunfermline?

Photos in Dunfermline