"Castle Country" Fyvie by scottishvisitor

• Last visit to Fyvie: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2005

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Thank goodness the National Trust stepped in and saved the castle and its contents. Pity no photo policy, but a good guide book I would buy too.

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2009 at 3:28 AM

How absolutley beautiful. Would have loved to been there for my birthday. Thanks for the wishes!

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2009 at 4:33 AM

The castle looks stunning. I'm back from Germany where we visited some fantastic castles, too. Bth, those llamas must have been quite a surprise.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2009 at 5:07 AM

What an impressive castle! Wishing you and your family a peaceful Easter. I'm so sorry for Shannon...

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2009 at 4:52 AM

That small Ythanview Hotel in the village of Methlick catches my attention. I surely would like to feel the homely atmosphere in this type of environment. I will never be bored fishing!

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Interesting that those families owned the castle and each in fact added to it. Why would anyone need a home so large? I've been told that llamas often are flocked with sheep to protect them against predators.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Joan, excellent page with awesome photos. I have been twice to Scotland, but I must admit that I have never heard of Fyvie before.

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2008 at 5:53 AM

Lovely castle and gardens! I see you collect postcards too, we could exchange some if you like:) Greetings from Sofia

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2008 at 2:38 AM

Lovely page Joan. I particularly like the sound of the walled garden, and the Ythanview Hotel restaurant sounds a great choice. Fun to see the llamas too ;)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2008 at 11:46 AM

What a beautiful place! I love castle and their gardens :)

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Fyvie