"Inveraray" Top 5 Page for this destination Inveraray by scottishvisitor

Inveraray Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 134 photos

The little town on the banks of Loch Fyne

I had been to Inveraray a few years ago so some tips will be moved here from my Oban page with updated photos sometime soon. This visit we spent more time here to discover what this little town had to offer. We were not disappointed nor did we have feelings of boredom, this little town had a lot to offer and in its own little way was very much a tourist magnet with its fun shopping, great views and with its Castle seems to be Campbell Country! There is an old folk song 'Its a nice Inn the Inveraray Inn I've never been in a nicer Inn before' I do know the song and know Inveraray is a nice place but I didn't find the little Inn

• Last visit to Inveraray: Apr 2009
  • Intro Updated Sep 16, 2009

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2010 at 1:22 PM

What a great place to visit. It has so many unique things, especially that church, and then the lovely castle. You have great comments and pictures to guide the reader.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2010 at 7:15 AM

The Kilted Solider Memorial is wonderful. I enjoyed the history of the unusal church. I like visiting the cemeteries to pay my respects and your so correct if someone is searching for the ancestry its' a great place to find info. Excellent page!

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Lovely page, Joan. Ahh, those intriguing doors, I am always wanting to open also!

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2010 at 3:19 AM

Your Inveraray page brought back enjoyable memories, Joan. Quite a bit here that we missed as we visited in the winter months. How about Aussie gum trees! :)

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2009 at 8:04 AM

Another lovely page Joan. I like the sound of the Himalayan woodland garden especially, and the Crarae burn - and the squirrel door knocker is fun!

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2009 at 3:25 AM

Wonderful page with lots of interesting details described. Loved the castle, the old bridge and the mysterious door, perhaps to a secret garden? Enjoyed visits to the quaint shops and pubs. And, above all, the song of 'The Ladies from Hell'!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Lovely page with gorgeous photos. Interesting and funny to read that you bought a camera chip in a shop with "no photography rule" :-)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2009 at 5:28 AM

Yes, this does look like a very pleasant and interesting little town. I think if I lived in Scotland I would definitely join the National Trust to get free admission to all those beautiful places.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Inveraray looks like my sort of place to visit! Loved your tips on the architecture and the two old bridges you came across. Nice little walk in the forest too. That backwards clock really does look strange!

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2009 at 1:44 AM

Ten bells? That's a lot! I can imagine the glorious sound they can make. Lovely little graveyard, so peaceful. Loved the details of the grave stones! Oh, Purdies, I think I could spend all my money there :)

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Inveraray

Have you been to Inveraray?

Latest Activity in Inveraray