"Argyll & Bute On The West Coast" Kilmartin by scottishvisitor

Kilmartin Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 165 photos

Our First Trip with Two Dogs

A road trip from Aberdeen, South to Perth and then crosscountry to the West Coast. A loaded car packed full of dog essentials and some stuff for us we headed for the very lovely Argyll Region. Although reputed to be the wettest side of Scotland - it didn't rain once. We had a lovely long sunny drive both there and back. Our stay of only two days was perfect - so much history with such wonderous scenery.

Saint Conan's Kirk

Passing again through beautiful Perthshire

• Pros:Short distances between places to see
  • Cons:A long way from home but worth spending a weekend away
  • In a nutshell:VT should add Argyll Scotland to its data base
  • Last visit to Kilmartin: Feb 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 7, 2008

• Sep 26, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Horseshoe inn is great for food. Had meal there for first time and couldn't complain about anything especially the Raspberry Pavlova - meringue was just as it should be melt in the mouth. Top class

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2010 at 2:59 PM

It all seems so pristine and serene. A nice place to live and work in the fields besides enjoying the color and changing seasons. Great pictures.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2009 at 9:10 PM

It looks so lovely and tranquil. The swans and Carnasserie Castle makes the land looks mystical. My mom ancestry is from this part of the world. Thanks for sharing it with me.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Me again, coming back to have a look at the new tips, updates and travelogues that you have added to this page since my first visit on March 2, 2008. I like the looks of those Old Stone & Slate houses.

• Mar 16, 2009 at 2:51 AM

Great job a lot of information

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2008 at 2:20 PM

The tiny Kilmartin village reminds me of my good old days where people and neighbors share almost anything. From food to harvests and they help each other full of sincerity.

• timada's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2008 at 3:20 AM

You could make a wonderful story about your trip to Kilmartin ... charming photos !

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2008 at 6:19 AM

I really enjoyed this page: your interesting tips and great photos took me right back to a visit we made here many years ago - in February. I could identify with your comments on places being closed. :) Isn't it a fascinating area though!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2008 at 2:21 PM

Joan, fantastic page with brilliant photos of lovely Kilmartin and the Argyll region. Unfortunately, my last visit to Scotland was in the late 1990's, so I think it is really about time to visit it again.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2008 at 1:29 PM

Great photos and tales of your travels. It is so annoying VT doesn't recognise the Scottish counties as we know them.

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Kilmartin

Have you been to Kilmartin?

Photos in Kilmartin