Schwetzingen Favorite Tips by scottishvisitor Top 5 Page for this destination
Schwetzingen Favorites: 7 reviews and 29 photos
Favorite thing: I love visiting quiet places where I can get lost in nature and see some local wildlife. Schwetzingen is a perfect place to see both. There are no crowds to disturb the birds or animals. The heron was very still, he probably thought the greenery had camoufaged him. The little otters did draw a crowd and were delightful, the swan ignored everyone as swans do, but the one who stole the show was the tiny red squirrel. Yes little town, your wildlife is perfect.
Fondest memory: We have very few red squirrels in Scotland and it was a lovely surprise to meet one here in the gardens = my husband was so proud and delighted to capture one on camera - so not only a memory but a visual one we can both look back on.
Favorite thing: Schwetzingen is a tiny old town nearby Heidlberg and Mannheim. Most people miss coming here in favour of bigger places with more attractions. I enjoyed every thing Schwetzingen had to offer. The town is a quiet, quaint, unhurried little gem. I particularly enjoyed wandering around some very quiet streets. The details on the houses captivated me with their colourful floral boxes, the little chickens on the slate porch roof, the flower design on the brick work and best of all, the use of trained trees to enhance more modern buildings.
Fondest memory: I have many many memories of Schwetzingen = if I had a favourite memory it would be something I cannot picture - the sound of the Church Bell when it broke the silence in this sleepy place.
More Reviews (12)
scottishvisitor's Related Pages
Schwetzingen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Palace Gardens - 18th Century Wonderland"
- "THE LITTLE GERMAN GEM"
- "The wonderful garden of Schloss Schwetzingen"
- "weekend in Schwetzingen"
- "Incredible Schwetzingen"
- "Castle of Schwetzingen"
- "Schwetzingen - Where Mozart came..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schwetzingen
- Hotels in Schwetzingen
- Transportation in Schwetzingen
- Restaurants in Schwetzingen
- Warnings and Dangers in Schwetzingen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Carraroe Hotels
- Whitehall Hotels
- Øm Kloster Hotels
- Bad Urach
- Kukuiula Hotels
Badges & Stats in Schwetzingen
- 14 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 36 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Schwetzingen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schwetzingen
Photos in SchwetzingenSee All Photos (55)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 71 reviews, 212 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 39 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh Intro, 62 reviews, 133 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 48 reviews, 136 photos
- Kilmartin Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 33 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ullapool Intro, 28 reviews, 137 photos
- London Intro, 54 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Elgin Intro, 27 reviews, 114 photos
- Ellmau Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos