"Loch Lomond" Top 5 Page for this destination Loch Lomond by scottishvisitor

Loch Lomond Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 276 photos

Loch Lomond & Luss

During our Spring trip to Argyll, this time, sadly with only one dog, it was always our intention to visit Glasgow. As it turned out the weather was fine with sunny days and no rain. The nearest we got to Glasgow was Loch Lomond and Luss. Both places very highland but with a Glasgow accent. One day we will visit Dear Auld Glasgow Toon that is if I stop discovering the surrounding countryside.

• Pros:One of the most visited places in Scotland
  • Cons:The traffic surrounding the National Park
  • In a nutshell:Leave the low roads and take the high road
  • Last visit to Loch Lomond: Apr 2009
  • Intro Updated Aug 12, 2009

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2010 at 12:19 PM

My companion keeps hinting (more than that) to go to this area. Maybe one day, but so much to see before. Thanks for the great tour and pictures. Lovely times there.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Joan, fantastic page with brilliant photos. Unfortunately I only once saw Loch Lomond from the train window. I quite like the idea of exploring it with the 4Bs. :-)

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Beautiful scenary Joan, and I enjoyed reading about the history of Luss and its church too. And your all day breakfast sounds delicious :-)

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2009 at 3:06 PM

I enjoyed visiting Loch Lomond wwith you, Joan. Especially appreciated reading how the historical society renovated the lovely little church and learning how the Glebe was cared for--very nice page!

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Really enjoyed walking on the banks of Loch Lomond with you and admiring the gorgeous scenery in your pictures. The village of Luss looks lovely too. Do you think the 'killer cats' could be tiger cubs perhaps?:)

• starship's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Lovely page, Joan! Beautiful lake and quaint villages make a nice combination. Love the amusing signs. Haven't seen Loch Lomand since 1983.

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Wonderful page!!! I remember this place well. It was one of the first stopped I made during my trip in Scotland. I enjoyed it a lot!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2009 at 7:32 AM

I always love the beautiful scenery and history to be found in your Scotland pages, and this one on Loch Lomond is no exception!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2009 at 7:15 AM

Ah, this is a cool place (in contrast to the heat of Abu Dhabi). Haha, I love the humour in the signs, the one with cats and life jackets :-) The landscape is fantastic!!

• iblatt's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2009 at 5:18 AM

Going to Loch Lomond in October - your tips will certainly be of great help! Ilan

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Loch Lomond

Have you been to Loch Lomond?

Latest Activity in Loch Lomond