"Oban" Top 5 Page for this destination Oban by scottishvisitor

Oban Travel Guide: 189 reviews and 380 photos

Lochs & Mountains

According to VT Argyll is in New Zealand. My Argyll is in the West coast of Scotland. The general area is known as Argyll & Bute on the Kintyre Peninsula. The area encompasses part of the West Highland Way a favourite 3 day walk passing through some of Scotland's most scenic Mountains, glens & lochs. Loch Fyne is one of the biggest sea lochs in Scotland and is famous the world over for Loch Fyne kippers.

• Last visit to Oban: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 30, 2005

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2010 at 12:41 PM

This sounds like the ideal place for resort stay and enjoy the water and landscape. Great pictures and comments

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2010 at 7:10 AM

Castle Stalker's sunset photo is awesome, well done. Great page Joan.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Superb Oban travel page! Oban sea front and the fishing villages look interesting and wonderful to explore. The lovely sunset on your photo certainly looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. ~ho & pang

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Your marvellous page brought back many pleasant memories of past visits, Joan. We love the Argyll area and I'll be looking forward to the updates from your latest visit.

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2008 at 12:07 PM

What a lovely town!!! I saw it only by car without stop!!! I hope the next time :)

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2008 at 1:09 AM

Hello Joan, I hope the weather is better in Scotland than in Belgium. Here it rains a lot, that's normal but is unusually cold for the season. We started the cooling of the climate!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2008 at 8:54 AM

Divine sunset, lovely page. I 've recently been to Oban too - this one in the south, Stewart Island NZ, about as far south as your Oban is north , I'd say. Slainte. leyle

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2007 at 3:24 AM

Excellent page! Now I know where the Only Bridge to Span the Atlantic is located (I've got your postcard with this view). I liked "Walking in the lonely Glen" tip. Thanks Joan for the virtual tour!

• May 25, 2007 at 10:13 AM

excellent help for planning my scotland trip

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2007 at 8:31 PM

Tree-Mendous... love it ;~)

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Oban