"Wonderful Perthshire" Top 5 Page for this destination Perth by scottishvisitor

Perth Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 174 photos

Falls of Bruar

These pages include Pitlochry - Killicrankie - Dunkeld & Blair Atholl which is home to Blair Castle a must see.
Robert Burns our National Bard wrote a poem to the Duke of Atholl when he passed through these parts asking him to plant some trees to make the area more beautiful. The grand Duke complied!

Falls of Bruar mid summer

Summer is good for colour at the falls although in winter the water is more spectacular.

• Last visit to Perth: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 6, 2005

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2012 at 5:53 AM

The countryside is just stunningly beautiful! I think we visited Pitlochry on our tour in the 80's and your page is prompting me to look back at my scrapbook & notes now -- seems like I remember purchasing wool clothing there. Nice page!!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2011 at 6:36 AM

Enjoyed the parade for heroes. You do nice work that is a joy to see again and again.Such beautiful photographs that certainly entice one to visit.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Joan, excellent page with outstanding photos about this lovely part of Scotland. Hmm, I am even not sure if I once crossed it by train on my trip from Edinburgh up north. :-)

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Hi Joan, Great memories of our first trip to Europe in 1993, we flew direct to Edinburugh, picked up a car & drove to Kilconquar(incorrect spelling). 7 days of driving this beautiful district. We live in Perth, Australia.

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Hi Joan, lovely page here. Will be here in January for the day so thought I would get an insight of where to go!

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2008 at 12:22 PM

One of my favorite Scottish places!!!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Another lovely part of Scotland Joan - thank you for sharing :)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2008 at 2:11 PM

Fine scenic photos. On the map this area doesn't look far from Edinburgh. Glad to hear there is still train service.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2008 at 10:57 AM

Beautiful places!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2008 at 6:15 AM

The scenery in that area is beautiful. I'd love to visit and take a hike through the woods and hills.

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Perth