"Flaite do'n Eilean Sgitheanach" Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Skye by scottishvisitor

Isle of Skye Travel Guide: 454 reviews and 930 photos

Speed Bonny Boat Like a Bird on a Wing

Eilean a' Cheo' = The Misty Island, I finallly found you! The opening title translates from the Gaelic into English as The Isle of Skye, Gaelic could never be accused of being lazy - the letters in the name are more than doubled - the pleasure in Skye is in triplicate.
Ah Skye = where the sky really does reach down to kiss the sea.
The update is a YouTube link to the Skye Boat Song with some more lovely views when you cross the sea to Skye.

• Pros:A Place Naturally for Me
  • Cons:There are none it is all ++++
  • Last visit to Isle of Skye: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Jan 29, 2008

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2014 at 12:36 PM

What a great page! You seem to be travelling just like I do - slowly and always on the lookout for the small things to discover!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Excellent page! Castles, gardens, excellent scenery, food and much more, this Island is beautiful! The Castle gardens were beautiful, pity others miss them, and like you, I can never resist looking in a Garden shop!

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2009 at 7:36 AM

Absolutely wonderful Isle of Skye travel page with great photographs and excellent travel tips. The Dunvegan Castle and its gardens certainly look amazing, and so is the Little Lochan. Thanks for the virtual tour. ~ho & pang

• Jan 1, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Great landscape pictures also and great website! I like the picture from Uig

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Joan, fantastic page with brilliant photos. Your page brings back memories of my visit of this outstanding Scottish island.

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2008 at 1:47 PM

very nice set of tips on one of my favourite places!

• Mar 10, 2008 at 11:17 AM

The Isle of Skye, such a wonderful place to be! Many thanks for your tips and the really great photos. They reminded me of places we´ve already been to during our last visits and introduce new places we´ll visit this year.

• no1birdlady's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2008 at 1:57 PM

This is one of the places we are going on our trip to Scotland this 2008 summer. What a great write up. Thanks.

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2008 at 1:40 AM

Ahhh, Isle of Skye looks absolutely stunning! I very much enjoyed reading your beautiful descriptions. Great photos as well! Certainly my kind of place! :)

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2008 at 2:54 PM

I too would enjoy The Great Giggle in the Skye ;~)

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Isle of Skye

Have you been to Isle of Skye?

Latest Activity in Isle of Skye