"Stirling Nine Hundred Years of History" Top 5 Page for this destination Stirling by scottishvisitor

Stirling Travel Guide: 255 reviews and 787 photos

He who holds Stirling holds Scotland

Stirling is a town to tug on your heart strings - re trace the historic past and contemplate the future here in Scotland.

• Last visit to Stirling: Feb 2007
  • Intro Updated Mar 14, 2007

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Hi Joan, this is such a nice overview of Stirling.

• pure1942's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Great page joan. Really enjoyed our trip to Stirling a few years back. Your page brings back some memories. Thanks for sharing. Brian

• pollon's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2009 at 12:15 AM

It was years and years ago, when I was youn, and while visiting teh castle, they asked me if I wanted to take part to an historical revival, but :-( I was leaving the town... anyway a nice memory!!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Some day I will make it out to Stirling, I'd love to see more of Scotland!

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Hi, great page Joan. Will be here next Friday 23 Jan if you are free for a while. Let me know. would be great to share a coffee xx

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2009 at 8:43 AM

A wonderfully informative page, Joan. I feel we must visit Stirling in the not too distant a future.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I'm always interested in sites having to do with Mary Queen of Scots. In fact just this afternoon I was listening to Donizetti's fabulously beautiful opera about her: "Maria Stuarda". -- Thanks for your nice Christmas greetings.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2008 at 6:35 AM

Looks like an interesting town with a fascinating history.

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2008 at 5:17 PM

"We won at Stirling and still you quibble..." 8) I always wonder how they could show the Battle of Stirling Bridge without the bridge! The answer: The brilliant things Wallace did were at his loss at Falkirk, so they showed them at Stirling instead!

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Great page and interesting tips. I will be in Stirling in August this year and your tips were helpful. My father was born in the town, actually Bannockburn so I will be checking my family tree...thanks...

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Stirling

Have you been to Stirling?

Photos in Stirling