"The Emerald Isle" Top 5 Page for this destination Killarney by scottishvisitor

NOR CREED NOR CLAN
WE'VE HEARTS
AND HANDS FOR YOU.

HOW CAN YOU BUY KILLARNEY

How can you buy all the stars in the sky?

How can you buy two blue Irish eyes?

How can you buy Killarney?

The park is just by the big Church. Lovely walks by the river and lakes. See the Kerry cows grazing in the fields. Enjoy Macgillicuddies Reekes in the background. If your lucky you might see an emerald green dragonfly.......

Simply, peaceful and very beautiful

OUR IRISH FRIEND

By Killarney's lake, on a lovely summer day, we played for ages with this incredible dog. No one was about just us 2 and Macgillicuddy (our name for him) so called because of the mountains in the distance.
His life ambition was to empty the lake of stones, which he scooped up from the lake bed and brought them to me one by one.
Hope he got home safe - I'm sure he did - we could still hear him barking for ages on our walk back.

• Pros:GOD'S OWN COUNTRY
  • Cons:WEATHER - WELL - NO RAIN NO RAINBOW
  • In a nutshell:GOOD MUSIC GOOD FUN GOOD FRIENDS
  • Last visit to Killarney: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 13, 2004

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:36 AM

What a great place to see and for you to be closer to enjoy it. Nice presentation

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Killarney seems like a perfect spot to explore the Ring of Kerry. I would definitely take the tour bus option!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Very pretty area to visit. I have just been to Killarney in Queensland, Australia. It also, is very pretty, and was settled by the Irish from Killarney in Ireland.

• Jul 8, 2009 at 8:14 AM

Hi all,Was in killarney last week.Great craic ,The people drink and scenery were unbelievable.But stay away from the danny man for food.Its overpriced and the food was crap.This is coming from an irish man

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2009 at 6:13 AM

Lovely page on Killarney. Photos are beautiful, and scenery so green! But its Ireland- everything is green. Thanks for sharing.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2008 at 11:11 PM

Joan, I just love this page! I'm looking into places to take our US visitors next spring. They want to go to Ireland for a weekend.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2008 at 10:49 AM

You have some stunning photographs. I've not been to Killarney [or Ireland for that matter], but your enticing words and pictures sure help to encourage me to go. The hotel/spa look fabulous.

• Lhenne1's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2008 at 3:05 PM

Sucha great choice of words, "No rain, no rainbow!" My family came from Killarney and I'm saving up for a trip there in the next 2 years. Your pictures are lovely and make me want to visit sooner! Thanks for sharing :)

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Killarney

Have you been to Killarney?

Latest Activity in Killarney