" Island of Peaks & Valleys" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de la Gomera by scottishvisitor
Isla de la Gomera Travel Guide: 151 reviews and 398 photos
The most fortunate of the Fortunate Islands, as the Canaries are known.
No sign postings
No fast food
No sports bars
No tourist tat
No Looky Looky people
Just peace & quiet in harmony with nature and all the goodness she has to offer.
La Gomera remains unspoilt (at the moment) by tourism.
It has a quiet rugged beauty. Sub tropical climate creates an abundance of plants, trees & fruits.
The roads which snake up & down the mountains & valleys remain quiet, if not a trifle hair raising.
It is a walkers paradise - stroll out and listen to the bird song - take in the excellent lush scenery and admire natures miracle in transforming volcanic rock into a botanical paradise.
All forms of vegetation come alive at the Garajonay National Park visitors centre.
Plants from the South America's & other sub tropical places flourish in the year round warm temperatures.
Interestingly, common garden plants are seen too, but much larger than I can grow at home.
Truely a gardener's paradise!
- Pros:Simply beauty - Simply life - A refreshing place
- Cons:A need for a car & my missing hiking boots.
- In a nutshell:Gardener's Paradise - Walker's Dream
The panoramic views from the top look off are spectacular. The height can be so great it gives you a dizzy feeling. more travel advice
Would need a gardener's hand book to identify the many and varied flowers showing great beauty on this island. more travel advice
scottishvisitor's Related Pages
Isla de la Gomera Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La Gomera"
- "La Gomera"
- " Island of Peaks & Valleys"
- "Walking away from the crowd"
- "Another Day in Another World"
- "ONE GREAT WEEKEND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de la Gomera
- Hotels in Isla de la Gomera
- Transportation in Isla de la Gomera
- Nightlife in Isla de la Gomera
- Restaurants in Isla de la Gomera
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de la Gomera
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla de la Gomera
- 15 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 60 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Isla de la Gomera?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de la Gomera
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Can't rate any pages"
- Commented on one of maykal's Isla de la Gomera travel pages
- Wrote a Review See the valleys from a great height in Isla de la Gomera Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "See the valleys from a great height"
- updated a Isla de la Gomera Travel Page " Island of Peaks & Valleys"
Photos in Isla de la GomeraSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 71 reviews, 212 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 39 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh Intro, 62 reviews, 133 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 48 reviews, 136 photos
- Kilmartin Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 33 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ullapool Intro, 28 reviews, 137 photos
- London Intro, 54 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Elgin Intro, 27 reviews, 114 photos
- Ellmau Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos