"What Could I Find In Lloret?" Top 5 Page for this destination Lloret de Mar by scottishvisitor

Lloret de Mar Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 315 photos

Well we did find the way out!!

The October School holiday with dark days of Winter approaching swiftly, my friend and work collegue, Moira, decided on a quick break away. We booked an all inclusive break in Lloret de Mar - yes it was cheap and yes we had fun. Plan 'A' for me was if it rained which was on the forecast - we would escape to Barcelona. The weather was fine with nice sunny days, Barcelona was forgotten but the great escape was on!! On one occassion on the bus back from Blanes I overheard a conversation between two young tourist they had come looking for Lloret's lovely architecture but when the bus entered the resort I could feel their disappointment when they saw 'Hotel Land' exclaiming that it all looks the same. I'm glad in some ways that we came here - we did discover Sant Roma and this I would not have missed for the world. The rain did arrive but only in Barcelona but now we were returning home so it didn't matter at all.

• Pros:Santa Roma something unique in this tourist town
  • Cons:Far too commercialised
  • In a nutshell:See Her Church
  • Last visit to Lloret de Mar: Oct 2007
  • Intro Updated Nov 28, 2007

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Lovely Lloret de Mar travel page complete with superb photographs. Blanes sea front and Coast of Costa Brava certainly look wonderful to visit and explore. Sant Roma Church indeed looks amazing. Thanks for sharing those pages. ~ho & pang

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2009 at 7:56 AM

Beautiful pics, interesting tips: Lloret de Mar seems to be a good choice, especially off season. Yes, Sant Roma looks like a real beauty in your photo.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2009 at 4:35 AM

Having another look at your get away. A very interesting page with excellent photos. Great restaurant and hotel descriptions.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Spain has so many beautiful places to visit that I have not even heard of...wonderful pics and I'm glad you had fun during that school break, Norman :)

• Jun 14, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Great page with a lot of information!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2007 at 9:37 AM

Looks like a nice place for a short get-away. Like you, when staying in an all-inclusive resort, I like to get out and explore the surrounding area.

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2007 at 6:56 PM

As always, I admire and interest me so much the architecture in any country- Capella Del Santissimi 'l Esglesia Parroquail Sant Roma is not an exception. It is beautiful like a crown.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2007 at 8:30 AM

Hi Joan, you've succeeded in making an interesting page about this, mmm, not-intrinsically-so-terribly-fascinating town. I actually spent some time there in the 1960s, but I don't think they had a Bravehearts Scottish Pub back then.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2007 at 11:37 AM

Excellent page Joan! I was in Lloret de Mar when I was 16 and it was our first trip abroad with all teenagers and we travelled by coach. I had that coarse sand up in my nose when a wave made me loose my footing and I didn't know where was up!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2007 at 7:31 AM

Glad to know the weather was fine in October and you enjoyed staying in Lloret instead of Barselona. Yes a short vacation sometimes makes more effect than a long trip (I felt it this November in Greece). Thanks Joan for a nice virtual tour!

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Lloret de Mar

Have you been to Lloret de Mar?

Latest Activity in Lloret de Mar