"Side Trip to Bavaria" Top 5 Page for this destination Berchtesgaden by scottishvisitor

Berchtesgaden Travel Guide: 283 reviews and 827 photos

A PLACE TO TOUCH YOUR SOUL

From the horror of the past great beauty remains -

• Last visit to Berchtesgaden: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Sep 5, 2007

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM

You have the best picture of the site on the mountaintop, and it is featured a lot on our "tellie". Nice job of showing this history

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2011 at 5:40 AM

Alas, we missed our trip up to the Eagles Nest due to an early snow in mid October...........did enjoy the sights in the town of Berchtesgaden.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2010 at 9:38 PM

I have only been once in Berchtesgaden. That was a very long time ago (early 60s!) and I do not remind much besides the amazingly steep road! Thank you to remind me how scenic it is !

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2010 at 6:55 PM

The view of the Kehlsteinhaus looks amazing from afar. It is nice to learn that this structure was turned into a business for the benefit of a charitable institution.

• Aug 18, 2009 at 6:00 AM

i love the picture at the beginn this website (Kehlsteinhaus), at the top of the mountain! It is a great view to the landscape!

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2009 at 8:56 AM

I was working out that I have been to the Kehlsteinhaus 6 times, the last time, I tried the walking option. It hurts just as much coming down as it does going up.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Excellent photo of the Eagle's nest. The views from up there must have been amazing. Sorry the tour was not the best.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2008 at 11:10 PM

This page brings back memories, both good and not so good ones. I love hiking in this area, but I didn't like having to repair our car with a wired coat hanger at the parking lot of Kehlsteinhaus.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Oh I can't believe that I missed this part of your summer trip! I was in the salt mines but not up at the house - I should go one day. Ahh, yes, Joan, you and Kenny should come back very soon :-))

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2008 at 3:38 PM

What incredible views from the Eagle's Nest. Love the detail and colour on some of the buildings.

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Berchtesgaden

Have you been to Berchtesgaden?