Braubach Transportation Tips by scottishvisitor Top 5 Page for this destination
Braubach Transportation: 5 reviews and 9 photos
The roads around these parts are far slower than the Autoban, you can take a leisurely drive along the B42 direct to Rudesheinn. Look out for the exit signposted Braubach and follow the signs for Marksburg Castle. Here you will find a spacious car park with an attendant (Summer Only) Parking costs for cars is 1.50 euros 2.00 euros for motor homes Motor bikes 0.50 euros Coaches are free. From the car park you then have a choice - either walking up a very steep hill or negotiating some equally steep steps - we choose both options = it only takes around five minutes but like me you might be out of breath by the time you arrive.
Type: Car/Motor Home
We crossed the River Rhine three times by car ferry, there are no bridges in this part of the river, so the car ferries are essential if you want to visit places on both banks. We crossed the first time to get to Marksburg Castle. The ferries are frequent, running all day and into the evening, the journey is short but interesting with nice views of the Rhine and the tour boats. On the first trip I was handed a coin to throw over my shoulder in the hope of making a return journey some day.
Other Contact: Rheinkai 10 Bingen on Rhine
Phone: +49 6721 14140
More Reviews (8)
- Take what you need for a day trip
- See All Castles on and above the Rhine
- See All Mausetrum und Binger Loch
scottishvisitor's Related Pages
Braubach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marksburg - 700 years old and never conquered"
- "The Rhine and its Castles"
- "Braubach Rhine Rvr & Magnificant Marksburg Castle"
- "Marksburg Castle - Braubach"
- "Braubach, in the Rhine Gorge"
- "Marksburg, another stunning castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Braubach
- Hotels in Braubach
- Transportation in Braubach
- Shopping in Braubach
- Warnings and Dangers in Braubach
- See All...
Explore the World
- Long Beach
- Aliguay Hotels
- Sagay Hotels
- Departamento de Montevideo
- Kirkistown Hotels
- Ravello Hotels
Badges & Stats in Braubach
- 10 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Braubach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Braubach
Photos in BraubachSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 71 reviews, 212 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 39 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh Intro, 62 reviews, 133 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 48 reviews, 136 photos
- Kilmartin Intro, 29 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 33 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ullapool Intro, 28 reviews, 137 photos
- London Intro, 54 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Elgin Intro, 27 reviews, 114 photos
- Ellmau Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos