"The Rhine and its Castles" Top 5 Page for this destination Braubach by scottishvisitor

Braubach Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 188 photos

A day trip travesing the Rhine

My visit here was a short one - a day's road trip in the scenic middle Rhine Valley - next time I might try a Summer visit with longer daylight hours to explore and see more of Father Rhine and the beauties dotted around.
Not long after returning from Germany my computer crashed and died. I had borrowed a camera chip from Ingrid but had not printed it or saved it to CD before I returned it. This page would not be here without the help and support from a fellow VT'er. Thanks Ingrid for allowing me to use your photos.
The update is only a new address for the Christmas Shop - Thanks Mark (travelfrosch) for noticing the old link was broken and sending me a new one.

• Last visit to Braubach: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 19, 2008

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2010 at 2:29 AM

Thoroughly enjoyed your page here Joan!! :o) Cute Rhine Siron story...and I love that cute castle at Bingen!! Can't wait to do it all next year!! Cheers, Ann :o)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2010 at 12:45 PM

May be we will visit the Rhine valley this year. Beautiful photos!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2008 at 1:27 PM

a wonderful page bringing back great memories ! What a wonderful castle with a great and interesting interior !

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2008 at 10:55 PM

:-)) My coin brought me back to this lovely part of Germany :-)) Joan, you must come back with Kenny and then we do this boat tour and base ourselves in Boppard or Bacharach! Boat is a much better way to see all!!

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Wonderful page!!! Only two month and I'll see it with my eyes!!!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2008 at 5:18 AM

Joan, interesting little page about an area I have seen several times from the train but up to now haven't really visited. So it is about time to pack my stuff. :-)

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Brilliant!

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2008 at 2:37 PM

There sits a lovely maiden Above so wonderous fair with shining jewels laden She combs her golden hair. Beware the singing temptress, who will lead you to her lair!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2008 at 3:05 PM

Generally, I have no desire whatsoever to take a cruise, but I've always thought a cruise along the Rhine would be the one exception. It's beautiful there and the castles are great.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2007 at 11:15 PM

Castle spotting along the river Rhine sounds like a great activity!

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Braubach

Have you been to Braubach?

Latest Activity in Braubach