"A Fleeting Look at Darmstadt" Top 5 Page for this destination Darmstadt by scottishvisitor

Darmstadt Travel Guide: 206 reviews and 665 photos

In the few daylight hours left

My time in Darmstadt was far too short we came here to visit a friend, Ingrid (VT Member Trekki) and explore other out of the loop places in the south west region. Ingrid had told me before about 'ugly darmstadt' but it holds so many gems it soon becomes a crown. Plans do not always work out when the Weather God's intervene and I missed some treasures but the little pages which will follow on from this arty city will reveal some more hidden gems in Germany = Thank you Ingrid you are a great guide!!

• Pros:If you see nothing else = see the Russian Chapel
  • Cons:I wasn't here long enough to notice any = maybe there are none!!
  • In a nutshell:Darmstadt has a lot of hidden gems awaiting discovery
  • Last visit to Darmstadt: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Nov 2, 2006

• May 14, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Excellent church picture at the begin. Great tips als always

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2008 at 4:23 PM

The Russian church St. Maria Magdalena is indeed charming. I love the colours and detailing.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2007 at 8:18 AM

A good refresher course for my tour tomorrow.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2007 at 1:50 PM

Joan, Darmstadt is indeed surprisingly nice. Brilliant photos here. I didn't know they have a Russian chapel there. Keep up the good work .. :-)

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2007 at 4:54 AM

It is allways great to have a guide from VT! The Russian chapel looks lovely!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2007 at 2:48 PM

They might call Darmstadt ugly, but you're right, there are some worthwhile gems there. BTW, thanks for checking out my Austria page.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2007 at 9:43 AM

Lovely page! I really enjoyed reading all the description, and seeing the photos, especially about the Russian chapel. It looked magnificent!

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2007 at 2:44 PM

The Wedding Tower is an amazing site for a wedding ceremony. The architecture on your Darmstadt page are what I like most. Thanks for sharing.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2007 at 5:22 AM

We'd like to visit Ingrid one day too and as you can imagine I already have some breweries sorted out to visit! Thanks for the beery details of the braustubl!

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2007 at 11:09 PM

Wow! I wish I could get married there too! Who knows? =)

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Badges & Stats in Darmstadt

Have you been to Darmstadt?