"YA AT EEH!" Monument Valley State Park by I-Believe-I-Can-Fly
Monument Valley State Park Travel Guide: 358 reviews and 1,127 photos
I believe most of us have been seen Monument Valley at least once in our life, either from Hollywood director John Ford's Stagecoach, The Searchers & Cheyenne Autumn, from Marlboro's ads that shot in this area or from thousand pictures from guide books or travel magazines. But being on the location and seeing these huge monoliths rise up from the sagebruch with sheer walls that capture the light of the rising and setting sun and transform it into fiery hues was still amazed me.
Located 30 miles north of Kayenta & straddling the Arizona-Utah state line, Monument Valley is a vast flat plain punctuated by natural sandstone cathedrals.
Utah's National Parks that I have visited are wonderful. In Monument Valley I have another feeling. Realize that we shared this wonderland with the Navajo who have been living in the valley for generations, the Monument Valley gave the feeling of "living park" because I can feel the "living" here though for miles we traveled inside the park we did not see anybody but tourists.
My friends and I are always thinking that people living in developed countries will have much better qualities of life than we who live in developing countries. But seeing the Navajo living in a very simple way, in poor condition, with almost no facilities, made me thinking that our view of point are incorrect.
Oftentimes in our travels, we meet people who have an impact on us, meet those whose words and actions touch us so deeply that they leave an imprint on our hearts and minds. For me, those people are usually the ones who do not realize that they have done something so powerful. The Navajo are few of those people. My visit to their home is a memorable experience that I will cherish for years.
- Pros:I was touched by the Navajo's hospitality
I-Believe-I-Can-Fly's Related Pages
Monument Valley State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Monument Valley - May You Walk In Beauty"
- "Monument Valley State Park"
- "Monument Valley"
- "Monument Valley: Time to Step Up"
- "MONUMENT VALLEY NAVAJO TRIBAL PARK"
- "Jumping Around Monument Valley!"
- "Fabulous Cowboy Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monument Valley State Park
- Hotels in Monument Valley State Park
- Transportation in Monument Valley State Park
- Nightlife in Monument Valley State Park
- Restaurants in Monument Valley State Park
- Shopping in Monument Valley State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Monument Valley State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monument Valley State Park
- 19 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Monument Valley State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monument Valley State Park
Photos in Monument Valley State ParkSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City 82 reviews, 165 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 47 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Grand Canyon Intro, 32 reviews, 39 photos
- Bali Intro, 46 reviews, 19 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Monument Valley State Park Intro, 19 reviews, 28 photos
- Auckland Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milford Sound Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Franz Josef Glacier Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos