"MOUNT COOK AREA IS IMPRESSIVE" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Cook by I-Believe-I-Can-Fly
Mount Cook Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 146 photos
The way from Lake Tekapo to Mount Cook was a very pleasant-enjoyable drive along the shore of beautiful Lake Pukaki. We reached Aoraki/Mt. Cook village which nestled in the heart of Mt. Cook National Park at mid day. The scenery is breathtaking. Every corner we turned, it offered stunning view.
It was a bright blue sky and although the area is packed with daytrippers who stopped over just for a few hours from their way from Christchurch to Queenstown or vice versa, we still got the feeling of peaceful and tranquility. The mountain felt so up close and personal. We just spent a few hours in this beautiful area. And for its million-dollar view, I didn't mind to share it with other hundred people from around the world.
Since there is no much option for eating, we had our lunch in the Hermitage coffee shop. It serves a kind of fast food.... more travel advice
Our Great Sights coach dropped us off just in front of the Hotel Hermitage which monopolizes the rest of accommodation... more travel advice
I-Believe-I-Can-Fly's Related Pages
Mount Cook Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mount Cook National Park - Breathtaking Mountains"
- "MOUNT COOK AREA IS IMPRESSIVE"
- "Mackenzie Country"
- "Mount Cook"
- "Mt. Cook - A Must See?"
- "Following Sir Edmund Hillary is not easy"
- "MT COOK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Cook
- Hotels in Mount Cook
- Transportation in Mount Cook
- Restaurants in Mount Cook
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Cook
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Cook
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Mount Cook?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Cook
Top 10 Pages
- New York City 82 reviews, 165 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 47 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Grand Canyon Intro, 32 reviews, 39 photos
- Bali Intro, 46 reviews, 19 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Monument Valley State Park Intro, 19 reviews, 28 photos
- Auckland Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Milford Sound Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Franz Josef Glacier Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Mount Cook hotel reviews
- The Hermitage Hotel
- 705 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013