"My hometown" ampcarlos's Profile
Right now I'm living in Lugano for 2 years with my husband. It's beautiful in Switzerland, but nothing beats San Diego.
I can't believe I don't have more pictures of San Diego. I suppose because I'm from there, I never thought to be a tourist in my own hometown. We have the ocean, mountains, desert, lakes, and forest so close to us. Downtown is booming! I can't believe I missed the Comic Con, Street Scene, the Del Mar Races with the 4 o'clock Friday's. Darn, all the festivals. But okay, here in Ticino there are loads of festivals during the summer, but still, it's not the same.
Cabrillo National Monument is a place to get a good view of SD. It's in Point Loma at the tip. I used to head up there with my crab sandwich. Sit on a bench and just watch the city. I've only done it once, but you can head down to the tidepools. There are signs directing you (you can drive).
The seals at Children's Pool in La Jolla. It's nice to walk around this area and watch the tourists. Yes, watch the tourists. They can be very entertaining while taking pictures of the seals. Also, when the waves are high and the tourists walk along the wall. They et splashed by the water, it's funny.
A view of downtown SD taken from a top the Marriott Hotel at Altitude Bar. This is a cool bar becasue it offers amazing views over San Diego. You can see the baseball stadium, PetCo Park and the Coronado Bridge. At night, when the city is lit up, it's beautiful.
I miss going to the beach and watching the surfers. I used to park my car at Torrey Pines State beach and just sit there listening to the sound of the waves. It can be very calming and peaceful....after all the crowds leave. Or I'd walk up to the state park and find a place on a bench on the cliffs overlooking the ocean. I saw a pod of dolphins and a few whales before. That was awesome!
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 33 Reviews
- 116 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- ampcarlos and simon26 are now friends.
- Commented on ealgisi's profile page
updated their Profile Page "My hometown"
- Posted in Travel Lugano Forum "Re: Milan to Lugano by train"
- Wrote a Review Shame on you Mr. Taxi driver about Taxis in Paris Warnings and Dangers
- updated a Paris Travel Page "Paris"
- Uploaded a Photo to "When in Paris eat pastries!"
Top 10 Pages
- Sequoia National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Lugano Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Cabo San Lucas Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Nice Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- South Lake Tahoe Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Ascona Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Lerici Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Budapest 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Kauai Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos