Ninh Binh Favorite Tips by largerama
Ninh Binh Favorites: 1 reviews and 2 photos
Sitting on top of the cliff over Bich Dong Pagoda
Favorite thing: Although all the sights around Ninh Binh are worth visiting, Bich Dong Pagoda was my favourite as it is a great mix of an unusual temple set on and in the cliffs coupled with the chance to climb to the top of the cliffs and see the scenery for miles.
Fondest memory: On arrival in Ninh Binh town at our hotel, we felt immediately as if we were in the middle of a little community of 'out of the way' travellers embraced by the locals. It is increasingly rare when travelling, to find places less travelled and providing you avoid the day trippers, this is one of them.
Everywhere we went around the town or province, there were so many waves and shouts of 'hello', that you can see the local people do not see many foreigners. Those that could speak English, attempted conversations with no ulterior motive such as trying to sell us something, only curiousity.
As there are not many places to stay, our hotel had a great community spirit. The owner, a really friendly guy, continually gave us free shots of the local brew as we ate gorgeous food cooked by his wife and chatted the night away.
The fondest memory, though, is of the scenery and villages as we toured around on mopeds. Locals going about their daily lives in the villages set amid looming limestone cliffs and never-ending paddy fields. The area is beautiful and with a good local guide, we went all day without seeing any other foreigner.
More Reviews (19)
- See All Tam Coc vendor hassles
- See All Hoa Lu - The ancient capital
- See All Keep the flies off the food
- Appropriate dress for Bich Dong Temple
largerama's Related Pages
Ninh Binh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I Loved Ninh Binh"
- "Hoa Lu & Tam Coc"
- "Ninh Binh---another Ha Long Bay?"
- "Hoa Lu & Tam Coc - Good Mix of History and Nature"
- "Around Ninh Binh"
- "From Hoa Lu to Tam Coc"
- "NInh BInh"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ninh Binh
- Hotels in Ninh Binh
- Transportation in Ninh Binh
- Restaurants in Ninh Binh
- Warnings and Dangers in Ninh Binh
- See All...
Explore the World
- Singapore Hotels
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Philadelphia Hotels
- Sentul Hotels
- Monmouth Beach Hotels
- Montego Bay Hotels
- Kingston Hotels
- Stittsville Hotels
- Johor Bahru Hotels
- Daytona Beach Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- La Spezia
- Canberra Hotels
- Grand Cayman Hotels
- Laoag City
- Willow Glen Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ninh Binh
- 20 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ninh Binh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ninh Binh
Photos in Ninh BinhSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Ninh Binh Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos
- China Intro, 24 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cambodia Intro, 16 reviews, 4 photos
- Leeds Intro, 16 reviews, 3 photos
- Japan Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Singapore 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Laos Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Perth 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Ninh Binh hotel reviews
- The Long Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion