"World Exploration" largerama's Profile

As I travel these pages will change, as I hope I will.

Dont be shy about asking me for advice on any place Ive been. I love to hear from other travellers and believe in sharing as much as possible.

No matter how you travel, I'm sure you can educate me about places you have been, things you have experienced and I will reciprocate.

Welcome..............

Practice Runs Have Been Done

Yep, had a few kind of dry runs with a month in South Africa for summer 2003 and various shorter trips here and there. But now is the time for the big OFF!!

Saved up for ages and tried to hold back from planning too much (but that's half the fun isn't it!!), and set off round the world on Sept 9th 2004.

Let's see where the road takes me.

The First Half

9 months long and 13 countries. My, do I have an impressive passport now. Not only is it loaded with stamps but it's very dog eared and creased.

The route I travelled for this journey was North Eastern America, East and West Canada, down the West coast of America, Tahiti, Cook Islands, Fiji, North Island NZ, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, East Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam.

I have been asked so many for my favourite place but I cant answer that. I like different places for different reasons.

The Second Half

In September 05, I begin again.

The planned route is India, Japan, Hong Kong, China, South East Asia, West Australia, South Island NZ, South America.

Let's hope that dog eared passport lasts the journey!!

• Intro Updated Jul 23, 2005

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2012 at 6:26 AM

A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia.

• kasior's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Hi Nick
    Any advice for a new diver??
    Going to Bulgaria and Majorca this September.

• takla73's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2007 at 7:42 AM

Haapy Birthday NICK and have a nice day Greeting from Alexandria Egypt TAKLA

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2007 at 12:17 AM

Happy birthday to you from Istanbul/Turkiye...I wish that you realize all your dreams ..all the best

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2007 at 8:17 PM

Have a wonderful day and Happy birthday to you. :-)

• zazatann's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2006 at 8:29 AM

Have a very happy birthday !!! Greeting from Bangkok...

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2006 at 11:57 PM

Nick, Selamat Hari Raya Jadi (Malay), Sheng Ri Kuai Le (Mandarin), Tanjyoubi omedetou gozaimasu (Japanese), HBDay (English). Cheers from Penang, SL

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2006 at 6:11 PM

A happy birthday wish is coming to you from Chicago with the hope that your day is really special in every way.

• ellsasha's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2006 at 10:03 AM

Interesting travels, appreciated your tips.

• Mar 28, 2006 at 3:35 AM

Yeah, I absolutely loved the Cooks..! Trying to come up with a plan to have my electives done there... :o) (I'm a medical student)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
largerama's Profile Photo

largerama

“Just trying to get some relief for my itchy feet”

Real Name