"My home town" Nuneaton by elainecox

Nuneaton Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 3 photos

My home town

Well, here is my little home-page of the town where I live-Nuneaton. I dont live in the centre, but on the outskirts in one of the many smaller villages there are, that are all linked together.
The country side is beautiful, and I've often seen rare insects and interesting birds here. We once had a goss-hawk eat a pigeon on our back yard-which was gory, but this bird looked like a hawk!!!
Nuneaton itself is a niec little town, and people actually come from miles around to visit the market on a Saturday, (although I dont think it's very good.) There are lots of regular chain store shops, a good New-Look and Top-Shop, but there are a few interesting little shops too. There is one in particular, the Way Of lIfe which sells foods like lentils and stuff like that on one ide, and interesting horoscope stuff, and Tarot cards and stones and wierd bits n bobs like that in the other.
Nuneaton has a nice train station and bus station, so you can get pretty much anywhere with a bit of planning, which is always great if you want to go for a day trip somewhere. One thing to be aware of when travelling by car though is speed cameras-they are everywhere, waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting motorist so watch out!!
I'm at Nuneaton's main college studying at the moment, North Warwickshire and Hinkley college, and although its a nice enough place, they mess things up so often!!! It drives me barmy!! But the courses I'm doing are great and I get a free gym membership card, so I go there three times a week too!!!
All in all, Nuneaton has nearly everything you could want-several schools and two main colelges, shops, bars, transport, and a cinema and bowling alley, plus swimming pools and health facilities dotted around!!!

• Pros:Nice shopping and lots of pubs
  • Cons:It's in England-so be prepared to get wet
  • In a nutshell:My home town-and I like it
  • Last visit to Nuneaton: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 8, 2004

• Jun 24, 2007 at 1:49 AM

I lived there for 3 yrs before relocating to Ind Oct06. Initially I had to choose bet. Tamworth and Nuneaton. I pref. Nune. because people were nice. Still I feel nostalgic about Reverseley Park, 48 Buses and its Drivers, Town Centre and Sat. Market.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 7:43 AM

I like your lukewarm comments about the Beefeater place. Doesn't sound like much fun for a vegetarian. (My absolute dearest friend is a vegetarian) Looking forward to more tips and photos on your pages. Greetings from Florida.

• flyingkiwi's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2004 at 1:19 AM

Nuneaton eh? Heard of the place but never been there. It's not far from Birmingham right? Send my regards to dreary old England. I kinda miss the place. :)

• chrishc's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2004 at 8:44 PM

Nuneaton, good on yer. My recollection of the town is a sandwich shop that sold roast pork rolls with stuffing and crackling. Yum.

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2004 at 4:46 AM

The Nuneaton page is under way!

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2004 at 12:38 PM

It's good to see a Nuneaton page. One of my friends grew up nearby, in Higham-on-the-Hill. Hope to see something about George Eliot on your page!

elainecox Lives Here!

elainecox

“I'm engaged!!!”

Badges & Stats in Nuneaton

Have you been to Nuneaton?

Latest Activity in Nuneaton