Kangar Transportation Tips by ngcsc
Kangar Transportation: 5 reviews and 2 photos
Other than the Kangar Bus Terminal, Kuala Perlis has anotehr long distance bus terminal as well.
Since its purpose is mainly caters for the travellers to Pulau Langkawi, it is very close to the Kuala Perlis Jetty, it is just 500 meters away.
If travellers are planning to go Kangar, this is the same bus terminal to wait for buses. But it is only to the Kangar bus terminal, if anyone who taking a train in Arau railway station, it is highly recommanded to take taxi.
Jetty Kuala Perlis
Since Perlis is closer to Langkawi, Kuala Perlis (The Port of Perlis) is providing faster (45minutes) and more frequent (from 6am to 7pm, averagely 1 ferry every half hour) ferry transport to Pulau Langkawi.
Kuala Perlis is just about 10km from Kangar.
The fare for oneway trip is RM12 (adult) and RM7 (Chlidren).
Phone: Kuala Perlis : 604-9852690
Arau railway station
There are two train a day passby Arau (the main railway station to Kangar), a town 10 km from Kangar
1. Kuala Lmpur - Hatyai - Kuala Lumpur
2. Butterworth - Bangkok - Butterworth
You can take these train to or from any of these 4 city via Arau. For train Kuala Lumpur, you can even drop off to Butterworth or Ipoh.
You are able to check the fare and time schedule by log on to the KTM Berhad webpage
There are two different bus terminal in Kangar. The local bus terminal and intercity bus terminal.
The local bus terminal located at Jalan Tun Abdul Razak ( next to the Pejabat Pos Besar Kangar), it provide buses to most of the small town in Perlis. Those "tourist spot" towns are:
1. Kaki Bukit - The Mining Cave
2. Padang Besar - Malaysia-Thailand border
3. Arau - Perlis' railway station. For Arau, you can also take the "Kodiang" bus and ask the driver to drop you at the railway station.
4. Kuala Perlis - The jetty to Langkawi
Intercity bus terminal located at Jalan Bukit Lagi. There are buses connected to most of the major city in Malaysia, and even Singapore. Surprisely, there are no bus to Hatyai. It is still manual ticketing, so you have to purchase your ticket personally.
More Reviews (23)
ngcsc's Related Pages
Kangar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kangar a small town north of Malaysia"
- "Capital Of The Northern Most State"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kangar
- Hotels in Kangar
- Transportation in Kangar
- Restaurants in Kangar
- Shopping in Kangar
- Warnings and Dangers in Kangar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kangar
- 27 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kangar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kangar
Top 10 Pages
- Taipei Intro, 37 reviews, 30 photos
- Kangar Intro, 27 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Johor Bahru 16 reviews, 11 photos
- Malaysia 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Penang 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jui-feng Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Melaka Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Tan-shui Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Mie-ken 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- P'ing-hsi Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos