"Goiania - The capital of Goias" Goiânia by Oceanwatcher
Goiânia Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 20 photos
I flew in to Brasil and landed in Rio de Janeiro early one morning. It was cloudy and raining even if it was July.
I had to wait in the airport for my connection to Brasilia. The trip there was painless and quick compared to the mainpart.
From Brasilia I took a bus. This is a good way of travelling. The buses are cheap compared to airplanes and they are quite comfortable. The one I took was a non-stop route and they were showing movies. It is also nice to be able to see a little bit along the way. If you want something to drink it might be a good idea to buy it before entering the bus. BTW - This is the first bus I have been on where you have numbered seats.
From the busstation I took a taxi to the hotel and I will write more about this later. The hotel is good, clean, got a good breakfastbuffet and has very friendly staff. Some of them speak English.
- Pros:Good place to use a a base for exploring the state. The state is BIG!
- Cons:If you do not know anyone here, it can be boring. It is actually a big city!
- In a nutshell:Worth visiting. Good food. Cheap by Norwegian standards.
A zoo always makes gives me a lot of mixed emotions. On one hand it is really fascinating to see many of these animals... more travel advice
Oceanwatcher's Related Pages
Goiânia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Goiania - The capital of Goias"
- "SALVADOR DE BAHIA"
- "pgalvez's Goiania Page"
- "A small city with 1 mil. people"
- "studyintl's Brazil Page"
- "Aparecida de Goiania"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goiânia
- Hotels in Goiânia
- Nightlife in Goiânia
- Restaurants in Goiânia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Goiânia
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Goiânia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goiânia
Photos in GoiâniaSee All Photos (9)
- Goiânia Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brasília Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Pirenópolis Intro, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Goiânia hotel reviews
- Umuarama Plaza Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion