"A little bit about me.." rosie235's Profile
25th March 2009 : My Beautiful mum passed away at 1.30 am.
Many of my friends will know that for nearly the past 2 months My dear mum has been very ill in hospital. You have all been with me on that journey, providing me love and support and keeping mum in your prayers.
Today, I have just been told that mum is no longer able to eat or drink and that her pain managment just isn't working any longer.
Mum has been placed back on oxygen and has a constant drip feed of pain relief. The doctors have stopped all other medication and are not expecting her to survive the next 48 hours.
I'd just like to thank all my good mates on here for everything you have done for me and know that it is all very much appreciated.
I may be off here suddenly and for a while so I just wanted to keep you upto date with what was happening.
We each take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other, everywhere
I thought I'd tell you a little about myself. I'm currently living in Melbourne Australia. I grew up in Adelaide and have been here in Melbourne since I married in 1988.
Other than a trip to Italy when I was 10 I had not really travelled till 1988 when we went on our honey moon.
That began a love of all things new and travel was definitly one of the passions we enjoyed.
I am married to Ron and we have a son named Brandon. He is the
absolute love of my life and makes me laugh so much. He has a wicked sense of humour for one so young.
I never really had that strong maternal feeling that some people rave about. I never really thought that I'd have kids but that all changed when Brandon was born. The feelings that surge up in you are so overwhelming and something that I was not prepared for.
There is nothing in this world that I would not do for my child or no length that I will not go to protect him.
I worry about his future, about the life choices that he will make but in the end I just hope that the love, trust we have in him and sense of what is right and wrong will protect him and lead him only onto the right path in his life.
It does not worry me what he wants to be when he grows up. The main thing is that I hope that whatever career path he chooses, he persues it with a passion and wakes each morning excited at the prospect of another day.
I hope that he forms lasting, strong friendships, that he is not afraid to show compassion and tenderness towards others and that no matter what, He is happy.
My family and my friends are also important to me.
My family are all still in Adelaide so I try to get over as often as I can. My parents migrated to Australia just before I was born. They realised that if we were to have a decent future, they had to leave their village, their family and everything that they knew and come to a country that they knew little about. They were sponsored by my mums sister and her husband and when they had their tickets to board that ship for the long ardourous journey to Australia, they really had no idea of what life would be life for them. They left everything except their 3 kids and a few suitcases which contained remnants of their humble life in Italy.
My parents found whatever work they could get to save to buy us a home. We never went without anything that we wanted. My parents would rather sacrifice their needs to ensure that us kids had everything that we wanted.
,I dedicate these lines to you
For all you've said and done,
When my skies were dull and grey
You helped me find the sun.
A cheerful laugh and friendly smile
Work wonders on a day,
When there isn't any sun at all
To chase the clouds away.
When I was feeling down and out
And nothing would go right,
A heavy load I shared with you,
Would then seem twice as light.
You always found the time for me
And had an ear to lend,
And so these words are just to say
I'm proud that you're my friend.%c
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 67 Reviews
- 371 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- rosie235 and zzeone are now friends.
- Commented on one of AlbuqRay's Alice Springs travel pages
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Why are pinenuts so pricey?"
- Uploaded a Video to Alice Springs
updated their Personal Page "Seabiscuit debut @ henley on todd"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Seabiscuit debut @ henley on todd"
- created a Alice Springs Travelogue "Optional tours along the way."
- Wrote a Review undoubtedly the best pizza you will ever eat in Naples Restaurants
VideosSee All Videos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Dubai Intro, 16 reviews, 39 photos
- Perth Intro, 1 review, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Airlie Beach 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Darwin 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- State of Western Australia Intro, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- State of Sabah Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos