"From Cardigan to New Quay" Cardigan by Spincat
Cardigan Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 34 photos
October was one of the warmest autumns on record...
End of November was bright and clear...
Unoftunately we stayed in this beautifully restored Romany caravan in * early* November, during some of the wettest weather I've experienced.
Our vardo and accompanying cabin was snug and dry, although the waters rose to within a foot of the van.
So.... we didn't see as much of the countryside as I'd have liked.
I had happy childhood memories of this part of the world ( the kind of memories where the sun is always shining!) so I was taken aback to find gales and sheets of rain. Remember - November.....
Wonderful beaches, beautiful wooded countryside along the banks of the river Teifi, charming towns and villages.
Dylan Thomas once lived in New Quay and you can drink in the pubs he once frequented; we took refuge in one for quite some time, during the height of the rain. Wander round its pretty harbour and terraces. You might even see seals and dolphins and otters along the coast here.
Cardigan bay is a great sweep of coastline between the two 'sticky-out bits' of Wales : 40 miles of largely unspoilt coastline. Bliss! Out of season you'll be a Robinson Crusoe.
Legend has it that there was once fertile land out in Cardigan bay. One night the sea came in and never went out again. ... now, they do say that on a dark and stormy night you can hear the pealing of the church bells from under the waves...
This is a more recent flood : November 2005
- Pros:Beautiful landscape, seals, otters, dolphins, wild beaches, ancient monuments, some lovely places to eat and drink
- Cons:a lot of weather
What is a Cheeky Vimto? Well, to understand that you have to know who Charlotte Church is - I'd be interested to know... more travel advice
Dylan Thomas only lived in New Quay between 1944-45, but the town makes much of this year in his life. 'The Dylan Thomas... more travel advice
Spincat's Related Pages
Cardigan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From Cardigan to New Quay"
- "Cardigan, Wales"
- "Cardigan -Town, County and heritage Coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cardigan
- Hotels in Cardigan
- Nightlife in Cardigan
- Restaurants in Cardigan
- Shopping in Cardigan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cardigan
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Cardigan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cardigan
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Crete Island Intro, 29 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brecon Beacons National Park Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Toulouse Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isle of Wight Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Cardigan Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue