Red Bluff Things to Do Tips by WulfstanTraveller
Red Bluff Things to Do: 7 reviews and 25 photos
IOOF, at Oak & Washington St, Downtown Red Bluff
Reflecting its former importance and history, Red Bluff has a fairly large downtown with some attractive, substantial old buildings in addition to the courthouse. It also is a fairly lively, still nicely functioning downtown.
Jefferson St, Red Bluff
Red Bluff has some very attractive old residential areas near downtown, very traditional old, nicer Central Valley neighbourhoods covered in many large trees. The neighbourhoods, in particular the number of large old homes, reflect the city's past history and its one-time importance as a break-of-bulk and transit/commercial centre for the northern Central Valley.
This old adobe dwelling near the Sacramento River is of specific importance to California as the primary site of resident and early pioneer William Ide. Ide was a Bear Flagger and the sole president of the would-be California Republic during June 1846.
Directions: It's on Adobe Rd. about 2 miles NE of Red Bluff proper.
As the county seat of Tehama County, Red Bluff has a beautiful old courthouse in the centre of town.
WulfstanTraveller's Related Pages
Red Bluff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Red Bluff:Victorian Town on the River"
- "Red Bluff, California"
- "Road Trip Through Red Bluff"
- "hgausepohl's new Red Bluff Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Red Bluff
- 7 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Red Bluff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Red Bluff
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Rosa Intro, 102 reviews, 170 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 62 reviews, 157 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 64 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 32 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sacramento Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 24 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaluma Intro, 33 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bursa Intro, 21 reviews, 58 photos
- Ankara Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sitka Intro, 15 reviews, 46 photos