"Jolon/Fort Hunter-Liggett" Jolon by WulfstanTraveller
Jolon Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 94 photos
Jolon was an old trading town in SW Monterey County that prosopered somewhat in the mid-19th century. However, it began to die out after the expansion of railroads in the state and eventually ended up in the hands of the Hearst family before the U.S. military bought the area for a fort. There is essentially nothing there other than the Mission San Antonio de Padua, and this mission is the sole reason why I have created this page. However, aside from the mission, the location in the Santa Lucia Mountains is quite scenic, sparsely populated, and, in spring, it is beautiful.
- Pros:Beautiful area, great mission.
- Cons:Not much else and rather out of the way.
WulfstanTraveller's Related Pages
Jolon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hearst's Hacienda and Mission San Antonio de Padua"
- "Jolon - a fort, a mission, a hacienda and a drive"
- "Mission San Antonio de Padua"
- "Mission of San Antonio de Padua"
- "Jolon/Fort Hunter-Liggett"
- "Lake San Antonio"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jolon
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Jolon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jolon
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Rosa Intro, 99 reviews, 153 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 61 reviews, 149 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 64 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 32 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sacramento Intro, 29 reviews, 86 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaluma Intro, 33 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bursa Intro, 21 reviews, 58 photos
- Ankara Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sitka Intro, 15 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Safranbolu Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue