"Death Valley Junction" Death Valley Junction by WulfstanTraveller
Death Valley Junction Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 27 photos
This is a tiny resting stop on the road from Death Valley to Las Vegas that goes through Pahrump, NV.
There is almost nothing here but the Amargosa Opera House and Hotel, and its related cafe and store. Otherwise, the community has a couple houses and some abandoned buildings.
However, it is worth a visit, not only to see the derelict old buildings, but to visit the Amargosa Opera House, which one woman by her own zeal operated and maintained for over 40 years, an interesting stop in the middle of the desert. It is also the only place to find any food between Death Valley and Pahrump - and there isn't much of quality in Pahrump.
- Pros:Interesting spot of culture in the middle of nowhere
- Cons:Isolated, few services
In one wing of the Amargosa Hotel building, next to the Amargosa Cafe, is this little museum, dedicated to the local... more travel advice
One cannot also see, if not actually go into, the derelict old buildings that I think were left over from the borax... more travel advice
WulfstanTraveller's Related Pages
Death Valley Junction Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It aint over until the fat lady sings.."
- "Death Valley Junction"
- "Dry Heat !!!"
- "Basaic Death Valley Junction Page"
- "The Heat is ON!!!!!!"
- "The Devil's Golf Course"
- "Crucial to the point"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Death Valley Junction
- Hotels in Death Valley Junction
- Restaurants in Death Valley Junction
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Death Valley Junction
- 5 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Death Valley Junction?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Death Valley Junction
Photos in Death Valley JunctionSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Rosa Intro, 102 reviews, 170 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 62 reviews, 157 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 64 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 32 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sacramento Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 24 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaluma Intro, 33 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bursa Intro, 21 reviews, 58 photos
- Ankara Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sitka Intro, 15 reviews, 46 photos