"Ironbridge - Home of the World's First Iron Bridge" Ironbridge by WulfstanTraveller
Ironbridge Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 177 photos
Ironbridge, in Ironbridge Gorge near Coalbrookdale, contains the Ironbridge, from which the area's name is (obviously) derived. Spanning the River Severn, this was built in 1779 by Abraham Darby III and Thomas Pritchard. It was the first bridge in the world to be built completely of iron. It still stands and, although not especially large, is very high and quite a piece of art. The town is also very picturesque.
WulfstanTraveller's Related Pages
Ironbridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ironbridge: Cradle of the Industrial Revolution"
- "Ironbridge - Birthplace of Industry"
- "Ironbridge Gorge"
- "Ironbridge - Jewel in the Midlands"
- "Cast Iron Crossing"
- "Ironbridge...A pretty village."
- "An Iron Bridge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ironbridge
- Hotels in Ironbridge
- Restaurants in Ironbridge
- Shopping in Ironbridge
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ironbridge
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Ironbridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ironbridge
- Posted in Travel Ankara Forum "Re: Ankara next Saturday--or not?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ironbridge - Home of the World's First Iron Bridge"
- created a Ironbridge Travel Page "Ironbridge - Home of the World's First Iron Bridge"
- Wrote a Review Ironbridge in Ironbridge Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Rosa Intro, 96 reviews, 153 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 60 reviews, 149 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 64 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 32 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sacramento Intro, 27 reviews, 86 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaluma Intro, 33 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bursa Intro, 21 reviews, 58 photos
- Ankara Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sitka Intro, 15 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Safranbolu Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue