"A City Where Continents Meet" Istanbul by WulfstanTraveller
Istanbul Travel Guide: 7,887 reviews and 20,398 photos
There is so much to say about Istanbul, and so much I am sure has been said, that I don't yet know where to begin. At the moment, though, this picture helps: three bodies of water meet at this point, and many more cultures have done so over the millenia, making a place that is like no other in the world and truly wonderful.
- In a nutshell:Amazing
I originally posted this back in 2004 under "off the beaten path," but I figured that it doesn't really fit that... more travel advice
This interesting mosque, formerly a Byzantine church, is in the Vefa neighbourhood and abutting the south side of the... more travel advice
Written Feb 8, 2008
Streets of Old Istanbul
Written Feb 7, 2007
Streets North of the Golden Horn
WulfstanTraveller's Related Pages
Istanbul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STROLLING THROUGH ISTANBUL"
- "The only city in the world build in 2 continents"
- "Istanbul not/and Constantinople"
- "istanbul tips"
- "My Beloved Istanbul"
- "Beauty, Culture, & History - All In One Place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Istanbul
- Hotels in Istanbul
- Transportation in Istanbul
- Nightlife in Istanbul
- Restaurants in Istanbul
- Shopping in Istanbul
- Warnings and Dangers in Istanbul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Istanbul
- 64 Reviews
- 139 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Istanbul
Photos in IstanbulSee All Photos (139)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Rosa Intro, 102 reviews, 170 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 62 reviews, 157 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 64 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 32 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sacramento Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 24 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaluma Intro, 33 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bursa Intro, 21 reviews, 58 photos
- Ankara Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sitka Intro, 15 reviews, 46 photos