"Where the Great Buddha Resides" Kamakura by traveldream
Kamakura Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 444 photos
Kamakura is one of the important cities in history of Japan. The statue of great Buddha in Kamakura used to be in a temple instead of outdoors like today. In Muromachi period, a tsunami struck Kamakura and destroyed the wooden building that housed the statue of Amida Buddha.
A historical huge statue of Buddha. The wooden building that once housed the statue was struck by a tsunami in Muromachi... more travel advice
traveldream's Related Pages
Kamakura Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KAMAKURA - A blissful escape from hectic Tokyo!!"
- "Kamakura - Old Military Capital"
- "Smaller than Kyoto but just as grand"
- "THE GREAT BUDDHA, ( DAIBUTSU )"
- "Kamakura - The Great Buddha"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kamakura
- Hotels in Kamakura
- Transportation in Kamakura
- Restaurants in Kamakura
- Shopping in Kamakura
- Warnings and Dangers in Kamakura
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kamakura
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kamakura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kamakura
Photos in KamakuraSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Jakarta Intro, 30 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandung Intro, 25 reviews, 17 photos
- Singapore Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Bali Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Osaka Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Japan Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Anyer Kidul Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos