"Welcome to My Page" traveldream's Profile

New Life

My life had changed, I would say 180 degrees. More interesting things in real life have been keeping me too busy. One of the effect is that I hadn't been on VirtualTourist for a long while and so hadn't written about my latest trips: Singapore on March 2010, Japan on October 2009, Bali on July 2008. I'll write again one by one when possible.

A Beautiful Autumn Experience

Went for vacation in Japan for a month in November 2005. Had a great time there, met nice people, made new friends... Places visited: Utsunomiya, Nikko, Tokyo, Yokohama, Kamakura, Fuji Five Lakes area (Lake Yamanaka & Lake Kawaguchi), Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Nagoya. The colourful leaves were very beautiful...! The view of Mt. Fuji was stunning. In Osaka I met up with Ayurin (ayurinhiro), her husband Hiroyuki, and her mother Takako - we ate okonomiyaki and went to a karaoke. I also met up with Toshiaki (toshigiappone) at Ghibli Museum in Mitaka.

Osaka

I met up with Ayurin (ayurinhiro), Hiroyuki (Ayurin's husband), and Takako (Ayurin's mother) one evening in Osaka on November 12, 2005. They took us to an okonomiyaki restaurant. Knowing I had been interested in Japanese-style karaoke, Ayurin had booked a room at Jankara Karaoke for us (how nice, thanks Ayurin!). So after dinner, went to a karaoke. As I said then, "Everybody has to sing," we all sang--except Takako-san :) I think she was too shy...

Ghibli Museum, Mitaka

I like animation movies and I love Studio Ghibli works. That's why I wouldn't want to miss Ghibli Museum in Mitaka. On November 24, 2005, we went to Mitaka. I was there with my sister and friend, and this visit was also a VT Meet-up with Toshiaki (toshigiappone) who lives in Mitaka. For tips about this museum, see my Tokyo travel pages.

About me

I like travelling to see nature's beauty. But due to some reasons I haven't explored my own country. We have many naturally beautiful places. Unfortunately, not many Indonesians can afford travelling even within Indonesia.

Country

It's too bad when some people try to break us apart by our differences. I believe that we are all made different to get to know each other and learn to understand one another. I like those differences as long as we don't hurt each other.

• Intro Updated Jun 27, 2010

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2010 at 7:18 AM

welcome home to vt, zin :) everything is okay ... thanks a lot for the condolence. it was 3 years ago, back to 2007, but still like yesterday :( could not change the main page yet!

• AyurinHiro's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2007 at 9:24 AM

Hi, Zindy and Didi! Thank you so much for your Christmas & New Year greeting card! Happy New Year! I wish you a happy happy new year full of happy travels!

• hapybrian's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2006 at 12:03 AM

You have a great outlook--it's refreshing and encouraging! Are you studying Japanese? I think it really helps you to appreciate anime that much more. Boku mo Miyazaki no anime daisuki desu. See "Omoide Poroporo" if you can!

• ariez's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2006 at 1:45 AM

Hi there!! How have you been? Thanks for the wishes and my baby is gr8. I've update some pics of him too. I will b updating my pages soon.. soo keep in touch

• wibisono's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2006 at 10:27 PM

Reminder: don’t forget to sign up for the TGISF dinner on 27 January 2006. See you there. -Satyo Wibisono-

• Restless-in-kl's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2006 at 6:37 PM

Glad to see that you met Ayurin and family in Nov05 (Osaka) and I met them in Oct05 (Kyoto)! Looks like we visited a few of the same places too.

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2006 at 12:12 AM

ღJingle bells, Jingle bells♫Jingle all the way♫♫Oh! what joy it is to ride♫In a one horse open sleigh♫♫ Jingle bells, Jingle bells♫Jingle all the way(~_~) Happy, pleasant& prosperous New Yearღ

• woef's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2005 at 12:47 AM

Nice picture of mount Fuyi! No clouds around the top!

• shikokuzen's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2005 at 10:33 PM

Hi Zindy.....hey us Z names gotta stick together ( i am a Zenger )....nice pix and thanks for Kyoto....bob

• Dec 22, 2005 at 11:18 PM

Wishing you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year . May, 2006 bring you lot of happiness and great travels. Greetings from India.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
traveldream's Profile Photo

traveldream

“Travelling freely is meditation”

Real Name